Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Possible for couple to sit together in 777-300ER in NZ business class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2022, 12:10 am
Original Poster

My wife and I are flying an Air NZ flight from NZ to LAX in a 777-300ER: https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/seat-map-boeing-777-300 in business class

There are no seats right next to each other on the plane

NZ customer service told me that it doesn't make sense for us to try and sit together in the center two seats anyway because there is a divider in the middle and it doesn't retract. Can someone confirm if that is correct?

What would be your recommendation if the below are your choices:
- 1J and 2K
- 1J and 1K
- 1B and 1J
- 2B and 2J
- Something else? (Any other combination in business class?)

Right now, we have 1J and 2K selected since that is the only thing available but I'm wondering if I should try and push to sit together in some other combination if it's possible
Old Dec 30, 2022, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by himavant
My wife and I are flying an Air NZ flight from NZ to LAX in a 777-300ER: https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/seat-map-boeing-777-300 in business class

There are no seats right next to each other on the plane

NZ customer service told me that it doesn't make sense for us to try and sit together in the center two seats anyway because there is a divider in the middle and it doesn't retract. Can someone confirm if that is correct?

What would be your recommendation if the below are your choices:
- 1J and 2K
- 1J and 1K
- 1B and 1J
- 2B and 2J
- Something else? (Any other combination in business class?)

Right now, we have 1J and 2K selected since that is the only thing available but I'm wondering if I should try and push to sit together in some other combination if it's possible
Read this thread 787-9 Business Seat Question

There is a herringbone seating layout, so many couple prefer same column eg 3A and 4A, rather than anything else. B/J combination unsuitable for couples IMHO.

Here is the view from 10K looking and 9J and 10J

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Dec 30, 2022 at 12:44 am
Old Dec 30, 2022, 1:57 am

You can dine together. The ottoman doubles as a seat for people wanting to dine together. Just tell the crew on the flight you would like to do this
Old Dec 30, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Seat selection

In my view, getting seats one in front of the other is best (eg 1K and 2K). Otherwise, 1J and 1K will be fine if you don’t mind one of you having a seat on the interior aisle. The NZ configuration doesn’t allow any real window view, so there’s limited value to a so-called window seat, but I still prefer it whenever possible.
WidgetPlanes likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by himavant
I know nothing about ANZ, but no airline will accommodate this if the other seats are booked (and nor should they). If they’re blocked you might have a better chance, but still likely no. If you have the only available seats then that’s likely to be it for now.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 1:42 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by etiene
I know nothing about ANZ, but no airline will accommodate this if the other seats are booked (and nor should they). If they’re blocked you might have a better chance, but still likely no. If you have the only available seats then that’s likely to be it for now.
Best to check exactly 48hrs before departure, this is the point that the flight is handed over to “Airport Control” on NZ.

Typically there will be a couple of block seats, that will open up at the 48hr mark. But in J we are only talking 1-2 seats, that might be blocked.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cavemanzk

Typically there will be a couple of block seats, that will open up at the 48hr mark. But in J we are only talking 1-2 seats, that might be blocked.
For the 77W these are typically 4A and 5A long haul. See the ExpertFlyer screenshot below.

Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:56 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Flying as a couple

I usually just book K seats each as a couple. It is a close as sitting together you will get. I prefer this orientation to the A seats.

I also avoid 2K as 1K has the bassinet for babies and have had a couple of terrible flights from PER to AKL when I have ended up with 2K, as in very busy mothers and babies moving around through the flight.

My current booking AKL-LAX I have selected 5K and 6K

Enjoy your flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.