Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long hold when calling

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2023, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by flyer94
If it's not super urgent, I now resort to just emailing the Gold email address - the last few times I've emailed, they've always replied back within 24 hours with my query solved. Better than holding and/or waiting for a callback.
Yep I do the same and have noticed emailing the Elite email address they always respond same day or next day
Old May 12, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
What’s the elite email address? I’ve never used it before.
Old May 12, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Ellice
What’s the elite email address? I’ve never used it before.
elite [at] airnz.co.nz
Old May 12, 2023, 6:35 pm

I've surprisngly got decent results from whatsapp for non-urgent matters, even when I had no status. Usually within 48hrs.
via facebook messenger its very hit and miss, one time it was 5 weeks after my scheduled flight.
Old May 12, 2023, 8:41 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by raznz
I've surprisngly got decent results from whatsapp for non-urgent matters, even when I had no status. Usually within 48hrs.
via facebook messenger its very hit and miss, one time it was 5 weeks after my scheduled flight.
Im NZ gold, and selected the my flight is within 48hr on WhatsApp today, and got a response in a couple of mins.

Flight had been canceled and rebooked on QF, but handnt been given the QF PNR to checkin.
Old May 16, 2023, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Had to call Air NZ at the same time as a Jade member. I got offered a callback option as an Elite and they just got dumped in the queue. Not sure if it’s just coincidence or maybe they are reserving call backs for Elite/Gold

Edit: so we both called back to test it out. We are both changing Int bookings. When I get asked what I want and say “change international booking” I get put straight to the queue and then offered a callback. Jade member gets asked what departure and arrival airports are, then after saying them, gets put into queue and no callback offered.
Fliar likes this.

Last edited by NZ_Flyer; May 16, 2023 at 8:38 pm
Old May 25, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Held for 45 minutes today and gave up.
This is having put in AP number and the system recognising the GE membership.

Air NZ, your customer service is atrocious.
You have zero excuse.
Hire people and pay them appropriately.
WLGNZ and racekp like this.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:55 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Gold
Originally Posted by taupo
Held for 45 minutes today and gave up.
This is having put in AP number and the system recognising the GE membership.

Air NZ, your customer service is atrocious.
You have zero excuse.
Hire people and pay them appropriately.
Yeah and I'm finding even their Elite team don't fully understand some email enquiries, eg. not reading the question properly then giving an answer that doesn't fit the question/issue. If I reply to their reply, I never hear back from them - so I have to rephrase the question into a new query. The other day I looked at my email archives and compared the quality of responses I used to get from the Elite team around 2017-2018 when I first got Elite Gold, and wow, it's a night and day difference. Pre-covid, their responses really gave a feeling of "I'm being really looked after", but now it feels more like it's just a regular customer service rep using an "Elite Team" email signature.
Old May 26, 2023, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by smashingly
Yeah and I'm finding even their Elite team don't fully understand some email enquiries, eg. not reading the question properly then giving an answer that doesn't fit the question/issue. If I reply to their reply, I never hear back from them - so I have to rephrase the question into a new query. The other day I looked at my email archives and compared the quality of responses I used to get from the Elite team around 2017-2018 when I first got Elite Gold, and wow, it's a night and day difference. Pre-covid, their responses really gave a feeling of "I'm being really looked after", but now it feels more like it's just a regular customer service rep using an "Elite Team" email signature.
Actually the last few times I’ve spoken to an Elite team member I’ve been really impressed - friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I even had one agent call me back when they knew I was trying to get an upgrade and I’d entered it incorrectly in the online tool - I was so impressed I contacted Greg Foran and he said he would go and personally compliment the agent on their excellent service. It is however frustrating when sometimes having to wait 45 minutes rather than 45s several years ago
Old May 26, 2023, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I had a CSA who was ‘new’ to the Elite team a few days ago. She was able to resolve the question quickly, and warmed to some postive feedback on her performance (I am not always a grump &#128521.

She revealed that some Elites are very demanding, but mostly were well informed with clearly articulated requests.
Old May 28, 2023, 3:12 am

Programs: NZ Elite Gold
Originally Posted by drajknox
Actually the last few times I’ve spoken to an Elite team member I’ve been really impressed - friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I even had one agent call me back when they knew I was trying to get an upgrade and I’d entered it incorrectly in the online tool - I was so impressed I contacted Greg Foran and he said he would go and personally compliment the agent on their excellent service. It is however frustrating when sometimes having to wait 45 minutes rather than 45s several years ago
Oh wow that’s awesome, and good to know, in future I’ll try calling instead of emailing.
drajknox likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 6:10 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Data point: Called this week as an Elite during the middle of NZ day, with a <5 min wait - excellent!
Markhm likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 9:48 pm

Sort of o point but not quite.
Sent query to flight comment about being charged for seats (Koru member) in supposedly free area, sent on 22 December 2022, just got answer today, just over 7 months later and after flight flown!
Old Jul 24, 2023, 11:43 pm

Programs: SQ TPP7, NZ*E, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Not getting any better

One and half hours yesterday to assign seats (non AIrNZ ticket, so can't be done online) for a long-haul J class booking yesterday. I had asked by WhatsApp for this to be done on July 5th.
Now no seats together and they won't release 8A and 9A.
You have to wonder when the usually high call volume will decline?
Old Jul 25, 2023, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
What time did you call? I had had much improved responses in the past 3 months calling <7am and >8pm NZ time - although I also get the additional “ we can see you call us quite frequently”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.