SP on Virgin ticketed but NZ metal

Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
SP on Virgin ticketed but NZ metal

Morning,

I have booked AKL-SFO-LHR return on Virgin Atlantic ticket but the AKL-SFO and SFO-AKL legs are NZ metal.
Am I correct that they will earn SP as part of the 810 needed for Elite?
the APD earn?
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/status-points

I dont care about the SP earn on SFO-LHR leg and anticipate they will only earn 90 APD each way

Any one with experience in this?
Thanks

H
Old Nov 8, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Hector99
Morning,

I have booked AKL-SFO-LHR return on Virgin Atlantic ticket but the AKL-SFO and SFO-AKL legs are NZ metal.
Am I correct that they will earn SP as part of the 810 needed for Elite?
the APD earn?
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/status-points
Yes, the SP earn from the NZ metal portions of the ticket will count towards the 810. However, bear in mind that the 'system' may not auto-accrue the correct number of SP. In this case, manual intervention by NZ may be required to correct it.

Originally Posted by Hector99
I dont care about the SP earn on SFO-LHR leg and anticipate they will only earn 90 APD each way
FYI there will be no SP earn on the VS sectors. You earn APD only (provided you are in the correct booking class).
Old Nov 9, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Had the same question and look at that, an answer right at the top of the forum!

I have a WLG / AKL / SFO / LHR ticketed via Virgin Atlantic, with the WLG > SFO sectors on NZ metal.

Anyone know how to get the NZ PNR from Virgin? Call? Want to seat select on NZ and add to the app.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by yotty
Had the same question and look at that, an answer right at the top of the forum!

I have a WLG / AKL / SFO / LHR ticketed via Virgin Atlantic, with the WLG > SFO sectors on NZ metal.

Anyone know how to get the NZ PNR from Virgin? Call? Want to seat select on NZ and add to the app.
Just give NZ a call. They should be able to find your NZ PNR off the VS ticket number. However, when it comes to the app don't be surprised if your flights don't appear on there. It is optimised for 086 tickets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.