Seat & Seat+bag gone on mid-haul

Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
So if DPS makes a return in 2023? Does it come
back as a full service route?
I would assume so. Pre-Covid NZ classed it as mid-haul.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
No mention how many flew seat+bag

I used to go to Hawaii every winter and when it was a day flight over went economy multiple times as seat+bag.

Plenty of people never had meal - while it wouldn't have been quite as high as TT where just under 50% of people have a meal I'd still estimate it closer to 25% in my experience.

Was easy enough to have a feed in the lounge and then take some snacks for later in the flight.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 5:41 am

It would be interesting to know the Seat+Bag stats. The meals in TT I'm guessing can be attributed to work travel or connecting flights, whereas you'd expect HNL to have very few of either of those. All in all, the change makes sense given that the only competition doesn't sell basic economy and has much a more generous baggage allowance.

Having a upcoming Seat+Bag trip myself so this change is a bit of a pleasant surprise. Based on the schedule, I persume it's Dinner + Breakfast - not much time for sleep no?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Originally Posted by prelude
It would be interesting to know the Seat+Bag stats. The meals in TT I'm guessing can be attributed to work travel or connecting flights, whereas you'd expect HNL to have very few of either of those. All in all, the change makes sense given that the only competition doesn't sell basic economy and has much a more generous baggage allowance.

Having a upcoming Seat+Bag trip myself so this change is a bit of a pleasant surprise. Based on the schedule, I persume it's Dinner + Breakfast - not much time for sleep no?
Yes in my last trip I wanted to eat at the lounge due to the late departure but the offering was very minimal due to my dietary restriction. Food on board was great.
Got about 4 hours of sleep. But you can catch up on sleep in HNL after you arrive if you have paid for your accommodation from the night before and then happy hour from midday !
prelude likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I never understood HNL being a S2S route... But this is nothing more than price increases for many customers.
And goodbye to cheap Elite Upgrades into Business.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.