Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Air NZ App

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Just reloaded my app and noticed that the status points thermometer no longer shows how close you are to a banked year. It shows as full and the number of status points I’ve earned to date - I’ve hit GE for another year and was steaming towards another banked year but now I need to do some mental maths to deduct how many points above 1350 I’ve earned and how close that puts me to banked year number 13
Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:57 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
The new app does not allow you to swipe from one flight to the next. You have to come back out to the flights main screen then drill down on the flight you want.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by WLG Base
The new app does not allow you to swipe from one flight to the next. You have to come back out to the flights main screen then drill down on the flight you want.
Did they test the functionality or did the marketing team just look at it and go "oooh looks fancy" and launch it?
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Did they test the functionality or did the marketing team just look at it and go "oooh looks fancy" and launch it?
Or did they look at other airlines apps and go more clicks more chance to show ads when someone is trying to find boarding pass in a hurry.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
agree, sucks.

I can't check in online either for my flight tomorrow but perhaps that is an oddity with the booking.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:31 pm

Not sure if it’s me but my ap signs me out if I haven’t looked at it for a day or more. I can’t see a check box to keep me permanently logged in
Old Nov 7, 2022, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
Not sure if it’s me but my ap signs me out if I haven’t looked at it for a day or more. I can’t see a check box to keep me permanently logged in
Probably ‘security engancement’ - for your own protection even if you didn't want this…
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
Have you tried rebooting the phone or clearing all the app data? That something helps things.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:44 pm

I’ve also noticed that a flight in July (coupled with a return this December) is showing with a green flashing light and is boarding. Neither the outbound or return are close to any potential to board
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
It doesn’t seem to be able to workout that NZ452 is going to be late tonight.

Public available information shows the inbound aircraft left AKL and hour late arriving, 5minutes before NZ452 is meant to depart.

Maybe they should of included an flight radar 24 plug-in.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
It doesn’t seem to be able to workout that NZ452 is going to be late tonight.

Public available information shows the inbound aircraft left AKL and hour late arriving, 5minutes before NZ452 is meant to depart.

Maybe they should of included an flight radar 24 plug-in.
It depends when they push through the change in system. Have you got the SMS messages & emails for it?

They may be holding off pushing out the delay notification as might swap planes and crew around. And need to figure out the time. Making notifications later is easy, bringing the time earlier after making it later results in a bunch of no shows.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:31 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
As far as I can tell there's also nowhere to see what class you are in. I have a few BP bookings and all of them just show the seat number, not the class of travel like in the old app.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
On my S21 the boarding pass only fills ~75% of the screen so the QR code and text is a lot smaller than it should be. Anybody else see this on other devices?
cavemanzk likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by sbiddle
On my S21 the boarding pass only fills ~75% of the screen so the QR code and text is a lot smaller than it should be. Anybody else see this on other devices?
Same on a iPhone 13, it was like it was designed for an iPhone 4?
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Yep and also digital cards are tiny. And tapping the Aztec Code it doesn't enlarge and show just the code and full size like other apps that have QR, Aztec, etc codes

And I run with largest font size& largest display size and still tiny. So things should be big not small

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.