Wiki Posts
Search

Private spaces in Koru lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G, United.
Private spaces in Koru lounges

I see the other thread is closed but wish to offer a counterpoint.

1 the conversations people have in public, airports and on planes, astound me.

2. Koru lounges used to have spaces where you could go to make a private phone call. If I needed to make a private call or a live radio interview I would go there (it happened). On the south side of Wellington lounge, for example, there was a small office with table and three seats and also a tiny booth. Both with a door. Both ideal. Both long gone. Which is a pity.

The office carrels are not private. I have used an empty childrens' play space but that was luck.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Isn't the AKL & WLG Koru clubs reasonable for most leaks to the media in New Zealand? it amazes me the topics you will some time over hear even at the bar fridge in the lounge.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I also liked using the booths. The problem was they were very rarely used so taking up valuable real estate for not much benefit.
Beano likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:42 am

Christchurch International still has a phone booth, to my surprise.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Chch International this morning I had to make a couple of calls. Business area was empty, and quiet. Perfect space for making calls not in the middle of the lounge.
Unlike everyone else.
Haha.
Safe travels.
WLGNZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.