Wiki Posts
Search

Online cancellations not working

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Angry Online cancellations not working

I'm finding (three times in last few months) that cancellable tickets can't be cancelled online. The glib message is service unavailable call the call centre. On doing so the IVR says we are busy wait time is up to two hours then plays music with no indication of wait time. I'm gold elite!

So agents from1st July don't get commission on international, forcing customers to deal direct with software thats frankly poor or endure hours of online waiting!

This ticket is RT to LAX and $10700, I can change online by paying $200 more or I can cancel and book the flights I need for $9,700, or I can give up and go with Hawaiian for a slightly longer duration and fly directly to my destination!

If this is a marketing ploy to try and make it harder to cancel its liable to result in a lot of collateral damage, I'm on Hawaiians site as I write this.

Subsequent to this post and after a call back 90mins later by a belligerent agent I was advised that their system will never allow an online cancellation if there are any cancellation fees, despite the process and screens implying it can. What fun having new ways like this too frustrate your customer by pretending something is possible when it is not.

In passing recently customer service has degraded for many of the businesses I use to the point I changed my power, gas, broadband and mobile phone to Trustpower (one throat to choke). I chose them on canstar ratings and walked away from the others I've used for many years and so far the experience has been amazing. Big shout out for dealing with local call centre, that always answers immediately and with knowledgeable and empowered staff who are a pleasure to deal with.

Banks, power companies, telcos and airline are you listening!

Last edited by Kiwi_FF; Jul 7, 2022 at 8:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.