Use of NZ credits

Old Jun 8, 22, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1 SQ PPS
Use of NZ credits

I have around 7k in credit for some flights I had to cancel during the pandemic.
Not at all keen to fly J with the "everyone sees everyones feet" seats and the new seats not yet airborne
Are there any codeshare flights I could fly on with NZ flight number but another carrier, either from Australia to New Zealand or Europe or the USA?
Thanks
Old Jun 8, 22, 5:05 am

Programs: RFC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Ne...are_agreements

Good luck working out which ones are current and on which routes
Old Jun 8, 22, 1:22 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
You'll be very limited since credits can only be used on NZ ticket stock (which means something bookable from their website so in the real world that's going to mean a NZ flight ex NZ) whereas APD can be used to book any *A flight (subject to availability) on the partner website.
Old Jun 8, 22, 7:11 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
You'll be very limited since credits can only be used on NZ ticket stock (which means something bookable from their website so in the real world that's going to mean a NZ flight ex NZ) whereas APD can be used to book any *A flight (subject to availability) on the partner website.
We had a large credit and have used it to pay for a trip to Singapore later in the year, SQ up to Singapore, NZ back, all on an NZ ticket with NZ flight numbers..
Old Jun 8, 22, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1 SQ PPS
Thanks edmm - did you do that through the NZ website or a travel agent?
Old Jun 9, 22, 1:21 am

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by ianassum View Post
Thanks edmm - did you do that through the NZ website or a travel agent?
We did it through a travel agent. As I understood it (from what she told me) it was an Air NZ credit, held by the travel agent, because they made the original bookings.
I think it could also be done just as easily through the NZ website, because the code-share flights are listed there when you search for Singapore flights.

Search this Thread