Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

What time does flexichange become available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What time does flexichange become available?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2023, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by smanch
In a stroke of bad luck I made my change to an earlier flight at 12:01 AM, and then in the morning that flight was cancelled after we boarded (hydraulic leak). I was rebooked ... on a later flight than the one I originally paid for. What can you do.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did you try changing your flight in the app immediately after the cancellation? I've done that before with better results than the plane load of people queuing at the help desk.
codyc1515 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 12:26 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ps107
Did you try changing your flight in the app immediately after the cancellation? I've done that before with better results than the plane load of people queuing at the help desk.
Once flight has been changed once you can't change it again in the app or online. It requires an agent (call centre or at airport).
Old Jan 15, 2023, 9:41 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
Ive managed to change mine multiple (5+ ) times per day either using app or online. Meetings changed/cancelled/added etc. Occurred on multiple seperate occasions too
ps107 and codyc1515 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Hector99
Ive managed to change mine multiple (5+ ) times per day either using app or online. Meetings changed/cancelled/added etc. Occurred on multiple seperate occasions too
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Once flight has been changed once you can't change it again in the app or online. It requires an agent (call centre or at airport).
I have experienced both behaviours. I think in cases where there has been something like a previous date change on a FlexiRefund ticket (with or without fare diff), then this somehow 'kills' the app allowing repeated changes, and you need to call or go to the Lounge agent.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I have experienced both behaviours. I think in cases where there has been something like a previous date change on a FlexiRefund ticket (with or without fare diff), then this somehow 'kills' the app allowing repeated changes, and you need to call or go to the Lounge agent.
Ditto. One pattern I’ve noticed is if I make changes in the app, I can generally make unlimited changes online with no issues. I’ve done this several times, mostly for the same reasons as Hector99.

But, if a CSR makes a change, whether on the phone, at the airport, in the lounge etc, the booking is then “locked” for changes online, instead prompting me to ring the call centre if I wish to make further changes. Same with international flights.
Thai-Kiwi and codyc1515 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 3:33 pm

After my last flight of the day out of PMR was cancelled, I was able to switch to one of the last available seats on an early flight the next day on the app while I waited for my bag to come off the conveyor belt. Walked out of the airport while most of an ATR worth of passengers were still queuing at the desk.
codyc1515 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.