Menus and meals 2022-2023

Old May 27, 2023, 11:58 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Could still be worse -- here is a trans Tasman meal I had circa 2009 (before seats to suit). Literally just two pieces of fried fish...
Old May 28, 2023, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by samjnz
Could still be worse -- here is a trans Tasman meal I had circa 2009 (before seats to suit). Literally just two pieces of fried fish...
I am not sure that is worse - you had ice cream!
Old May 28, 2023, 3:32 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Ok, I will concede, as nice as that ice cream looks... That is much worse! Also, I love that you have such a vintage photo still, fun to see how different it looked/was then.

​​​​​​
​​​​​​
​​​​
Old May 30, 2023, 4:45 pm

NZ284 AKL SIN today.
Carfield and arcanium like this.
Old May 30, 2023, 6:51 pm

I wonder when they will cycle the menus?

I felt that they used to change every quarter but this set has been around since last year.
Alertalias likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 5:07 am

Here is an Economy meal I found from my contribution to airlinemeals.net circ 2003. Probably one of the last decent meals. Far superior to many BP meals served today.

It was a night flight and I took this photo just illuminated with the overhead light.

Hot crumbed beef medallion steak (in Economy!) with cold risotto, raisin and bacon bits on green salad. Beans, peppers & tomato.
Bun with butter.
Arnotts crackers with Kapati Egmont cheese. Dessert - Tub of Kapiti ice-cream - honey & kiwi. Drink: Single serving Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cabernet & Light Beer.

MEL to AKL Pacific Class (Economy)
Wine glass being real glass not plastic (+ 1 point)
samjnz likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 6:33 am

Photos today NZ284

Food today on NZ284 was really good - in the main well presented with great taste. Beef was perhaps a little over cooked but not bad, rest was great. Better than a number of previous BP experiences. Crew was also exceptionally good today - no ISM greeting but other than that great service.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 6:40 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by poopbunny
Here is an Economy meal I found from my contribution to airlinemeals.net circ 2003. Probably one of the last decent meals. Far superior to many BP meals served today.

It was a night flight and I took this photo just illuminated with the overhead light.

Hot crumbed beef medallion steak (in Economy!) with cold risotto, raisin and bacon bits on green salad. Beans, peppers & tomato.
Bun with butter.
Arnotts crackers with Kapati Egmont cheese. Dessert - Tub of Kapiti ice-cream - honey & kiwi. Drink: Single serving Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cabernet & Light Beer.

MEL to AKL Pacific Class (Economy)
Wine glass being real glass not plastic (+ 1 point)
Wow, that does really bring the point home, doesn't it.

I have so many happy memories of AirNZ from back in that era, including many delicious meals in both economy and business (the best fish I've ever eaten on a plane was AirNZ trans-Tasman in Y, believe ie or not). I also vividly remember that serving ware, and I loved the icons/wordmarks they had for each separate class. Even the economy class wine was good back then!

I also have very fond memories of the 737-300 business class config they used on the Tasman, with the 46" pitch recliners in a 3 row cabin.
poopbunny likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by drajknox
Food today on NZ284 was really good - in the main well presented with great taste. Beef was perhaps a little over cooked but not bad, rest was great. Better than a number of previous BP experiences. Crew was also exceptionally good today - no ISM greeting but other than that great service.
Some good news at last! Nice to hear. How was the wine offering?
Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:16 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Gold
I noticed in PE AKL to SYD (NZ107) that the cabin crew came to my seat and asked me which menu options I wanted, and of course they don’t do that for the other pax in PE (except a few others whom I presume are also *E or *G).

Is this done so that golds & elites don’t miss out on their menu preference if/when some meal options run out?
Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:24 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by smashingly
I noticed in PE AKL to SYD (NZ107) that the cabin crew came to my seat and asked me which menu options I wanted, and of course they don’t do that for the other pax in PE (except a few others whom I presume are also *E or *G).

Is this done so that golds & elites don’t miss out on their menu preference if/when some meal options run out?
Yes - they'll normally take the orders first so you get your preferred choice.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 3:42 am

Programs: NZ *G, AS 75K
NZ7 Economy 09 June 23. Terrible honestly. Especially special meals. Yes that's a cold plastic wrapped bread roll and a rock hard glad wrapped bagel.

NZ7 Dinner

NZ7 Dinner - Chicken and Rice

NZ7 Breakfast - HNML special meal

main breakfast of HNML special meal
Old Jun 16, 2023, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by nzjay
NZ7 Economy 09 June 23. Terrible honestly. Especially special meals. Yes that's a cold plastic wrapped bread roll and a rock hard glad wrapped bagel.

NZ7 Dinner

NZ7 Dinner - Chicken and Rice

NZ7 Breakfast - HNML special meal

main breakfast of HNML special meal
The breakfast is arguably better than what United serve in Polaris for their second meal
Old Jun 23, 2023, 5:02 pm

nz99

Nz99

Carfield likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 4:33 am

nz90

Nz90

Carfield and Redkiwi like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.