(NZ) Vaccine Passes

Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
(NZ) Vaccine Passes

Looks like the ability to upload your vaccine pass to your air points account is now live.

I did mine this morning, I tired with the International Vaccine Pass first. Thinking that being an airline they would take either.

Turns out that NZ is only accepting the New Zealand Domestic Vaccine Passes.

So seems like maybe an seperate process, later on to upload it for International Travel with NZ.

Would then seen that, if you say have an Australian issued Vaccine Pass. Your out of luck, unless you get an New Zealand one issued to you.

Seems like its going to be a mess when New Zealand, open ups to the world from April.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
This is in the works: https://www.iata.org/en/programs/passenger/travel-pass/
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Looks like the ability to upload your vaccine pass to your air points account is now live.

I did mine this morning, I tired with the International Vaccine Pass first. Thinking that being an airline they would take either.

Turns out that NZ is only accepting the New Zealand Domestic Vaccine Passes.

So seems like maybe an seperate process, later on to upload it for International Travel with NZ.

Would then seen that, if you say have an Australian issued Vaccine Pass. Your out of luck, unless you get an New Zealand one issued to you.

Seems like its going to be a mess when New Zealand, open ups to the world from April.
It is only going to accept the domestic pass for domestic flights as that pass is pre signed by MoH to say this person meets the requirements for Covid pass domestically.

The international pass is a signed list of vaccinations the person has had and it is up to the person who is presented the pass to decide if the person should be allowed access or not. At check-in I guess SITA will take the information send it to the relevant and that country will say yes or no. So presenting the international pass domestically won't work as it would need to be sent to an approving border agency. And NZ border agencies should have no say in if you can go into a shop or not.

But April is a while away. I guess as part of the border process to validate your international they could issue you with a domestic pass. Or you can apply online. Know people overseas who have had domestic passes issued to them.

You can't have international pass for domestic use as they just state what vaccines a person has had not if they are approved for entry. Seeing the domestic pass is signed by MoH the scanning of passes can be performed offline, if you were to scan an international pass it would have to be an online process as would need to forward the vaccine history to MoH and MoH in real time would need to approve and send a response back to the person at the door, which would be too slow.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
...Would then seen that, if you say have an Australian issued Vaccine Pass. Your out of luck, unless you get an New Zealand one issued to you.,,,,
Seems like it’s going to be a mess when New Zealand, open ups to the world from April.
There is a process by the NZ MOH to add overseas vaccinations to New Zealand's COVID Immunisation Register (CIR). [8 approved] From news reports a few day ago were 10's of thousands waiting for this to happen
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/...d-certificates

In Melbourne my local GP added my NZ CV19 vaccines to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Easy peasy.

With the (future) amount of trans Tasman likley to increase the AU & NZ Govt's should make the vaccines passes work in both countries. To complicate matters In AU each state/territory has its own vax pass.
Reason077 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
There is a process by the NZ MOH to add overseas vaccinations to New Zealand's COVID Immunisation Register (CIR). [8 approved] From news reports a few day ago were 10's of thousands waiting for this to happen
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/...d-certificates

In Melbourne my local GP added my NZ CV19 vaccines to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Easy peasy.

With the (future) amount of trans Tasman likley to increase the AU & NZ Govt's should make the vaccines passes work in both countries. To complicate matters In AU each state/territory has its own vax pass.
This is a problem every country that's still using passes is going to have to sort out.

NZ's lack of action sorting out approval for foreign vaccination and now issuing temporary vaccine passes really is just a shambles.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by sbiddle
This is a problem every country that's still using passes is going to have to sort out.

NZ's lack of action sorting out approval for foreign vaccination and now issuing temporary vaccine passes really is just a shambles.
The rest of the world just accepts foreign passes... NZ (the country) are really just making this hard on themselves.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by samyoull
The rest of the world just accepts foreign passes... NZ (the country) are really just making this hard on themselves.
New Zealanders based In Australian, who are allowed to visit from mid-Jan22. Are going to have an Interesting time, with there Australian Vaccination passes.

Take it for domestic travel, NZ will still accept an foreign vaccination pass? But would have to be done In person at the airport?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbiddle
11 Dec 21 (rnz.co.nz)---->Overseas New Zealander left waiting 23 days for vaccine pass
It has taken 23 days for a New Zealander in the US who has not been home since before the pandemic to receive his Covid-19 vaccine pass.

A spokesman for Grounded Kiwis Sam Drew is flying home from the US this summer. He provided vaccination proof to the Ministry of Health on 17 November, but his pass wasn't issued until yesterday. Drew told RNZ that for weeks, he was unsure whether he'd be free to move around in Aotearoa, and he said hundreds of others were having similar problems. "It would be very helpful for us to know what is the backlog that's there at the moment - when people can expect to have their records updated in the immunisation register." He was disappointed the process had created more anxiety and stress for who had been fighting for MIQ spots, over the last 1.5 years.

He said the government had months to prepare to process the thousands of overseas records, and he expected the system would have been better. "It was pretty clear that at some point we were going to have to be able to prove vaccination status, so there could have been significantly more planning."

The Ministry of Health is issuing https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...vaccine-passes temporary exemptions] while it processes the backlog.
<snip>
Like the announcement of the announcement, the pass before you get the pass.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 10:54 pm

Programs: QF WP
My understanding is that all australian states and territories use the one vaccine pass (the AIR certificate). The issue on the ground is that you have to manually link it to each state/territory check in app, or do what I do and just show them the digital certificate (or paper one) 🤣
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: RFC
Yeah! How dare the country insist on the passes being valid and provable and not integrate instantly into the NZ MOH systems and all this within the NZ legal framework! Just do it regardless of all those things!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.