Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

New Air New Zealand Credit Card (Humm) on its way.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...t-card-in-2022

I guess with the erosion of earn in both SP and APD from the existing providers it could be worth a look at . . . .
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Are the Humm cards backed by Visa/MasterCard or who in New Zealand currently takes Humm?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:00 pm

Looking at their site seems to be MasterCard.

So guess the current AirNZ branded card from Kiwibank is moving to Humm. Just a provider to offer rebranded cards.

What would be interesting if they bundle a UATP number for travel booking to skip merchant fees.
jawnbc likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:24 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
I assume this will not be available to those living in the USA - we remain without credit card earning options.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I wonder what it means for the future of OneSmart considering the effort they went through to change platforms last year after Travelex went bust. Merge the two?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I wonder what it means for the future of OneSmart considering the effort they went through to change platforms last year after Travelex went bust. Merge the two?
Looking at the Humm site do get the vibe they are the type of org who would work in multiple currency & do FX within their platform
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit

So guess the current AirNZ branded card from Kiwibank is moving to Humm. Just a provider to offer rebranded cards.

What would be interesting if they bundle a UATP number for travel booking to skip merchant fees.
If only - or atleast wave the credit card booking fees for there own branded cards. Overseas if an common benefit with airline branded cards, that you don't get fees with that airline when booking.
Erasmus III likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
If only - or atleast wave the credit card booking fees for there own branded cards. Overseas if an common benefit with airline branded cards, that you don't get fees with that airline when booking.
Suppose that is why APD earn was 65 opposed to 75. (Or whatever it is now).

Though UATP would be nice as could direct other airlines & hotels through that. Nice way to make sure getting spending habits on other airlines for each person.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G

IIRC, it was roughly a decade ago when Kiwibank signed on to Airpoints so I think you are right that Kiwibank might have chosen not to renew the contract. Curious to see what Kiwibank would do being left with no reward credit card after this. I am also surprised to see the likes of BNZ and ASB chose to not be affiliated with any FFP so I guess there really isn't much money to be made.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:25 pm

Just had the thought new card means moving all the monthly & yearly payments

Ugh wish there was a simple way to do that.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

Ughq wish there was a simple way to do that.
I am certain banking institutions do this deliberately.

Imagine if customers could quickly change providers for better value …!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club

Blockchain technology? XRP / Ripplenet . . . . there has to be something more advance than the way it happens now . . . Smart Contracts :-P
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:39 pm

The best feature of that, is it really makes you think how much you really need all of those monthly subscriptions…. It was great when I changed my main card over, an few online subscriptions were left terminate.
prp343 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Blockchain technology? XRP / Ripplenet . . . . there has to be something more advance than the way it happens now . . . Smart Contracts :-P
Several countries around the world require the banks to do it for you when you change. There are even a couple of US banks that will do it - and their banking system is positively archaic in most respects. Don't worry, one day NZ retail banking with catch up to the rest of the world.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:50 am

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by SeaProf
I assume this will not be available to those living in the USA - we remain without credit card earning options.
Genuinely curious: why would someone in the US earn to Air NZ?! Surely Aegean or any of several others would be the better option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.