Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Domestic fully vaccinated or test required mid December

Domestic fully vaccinated or test required mid December

Old Nov 26, 2021, 2:22 am

All this will be irrelevant with the new mutation coming out of Africa.

It will be another 2 years of .... or people just accept there will be deaths.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
They're urgently working on a fix for this. Apparently.

Covid Pass (domestic only) expires after six month from being generated (ie at time of your request). Seems it will be extended by having the booster.

Covid Certificate (intl only) is issued with a 1 year validity. Cannot be used domestically as cant be scanned/verified with Govt app.
That is because they are different documents containing different information.

The COVID Pass is a document from MoH where it has imparted trust within NZ that that person may enter premises where a covid pass is required. It only contains a Yes, Name, DoB & is signed my MoH.

The international travel document documents all the vaccines a person has had & it is up to the "person" who the document is presented to understand what vaccines are there and they make the decision if they should enter or not.

That is also why if got vaccinated overseas you need a NZ Covid pass opposed to the travel document because do you want the person at the door to understand all the different vaccines and understand if they are permitted or not & know if you should trust the issuing agency or not?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Apparently it is now taking up-to 5 days, to get results from a Covid PCR test in Auckland.
lt would seem this would only get worse, after the 15th and the boarder is open.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...K3LRWYASRQ66M/
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Apparently it is now taking up-to 5 days, to get results from a Covid PCR test in Auckland.
lt would seem this would only get worse, after the 15th and the boarder is open.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...K3LRWYASRQ66M/
Though people who want to travel have had >3 weeks to get a vaccine so shouldn't need a test to travel if planned ahead.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:53 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I'm just waiting for the first airport to say they're operating under the vaccine pass system to comply with numbers and allow food places to be open..which would therefore ban those not vaccinated from the premises!

Sure Air NZ might let you fly on a plane, but you'll have no way to get to it!
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I'm just waiting for the first airport to say they're operating under the vaccine pass system to comply with numbers and allow food places to be open..which would therefore ban those not vaccinated from the premises!

Sure Air NZ might let you fly on a plane, but you'll have no way to get to it!
Yes its an interesting one, nothing seems to state airport terminals. Would have to assume they are "public places" with an 1m distance requirement with vaccine passports.
But then again on an busy day in summer, could the domestic terminal in AKL fit all the passengers inside with 1meter spacing? at peak periods its more like 30cm spacing between passengers in some parts of that terminal.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 12:01 am

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Interesting

Have read thru all this and really interesting the spectrum of views opinion. I am fully vaccinated so have my "personal armour". The thing is no matter what the gummament does Covid is here to stay and in that context I fully expect that I will contract it at some stage as inevitable. For what ever reason there is always going to be a section of the populous that will not vaccinate. Perhaps if we had a system that encouraged, facilitated made it easy for testing prior to flying for the unvaccinated then a whole bunch of stuff would disappear.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Apparently some malls are going to get confusing:
* Food court must have vaccine pass
* Retail store may or may not request pass 1m spacing stuff
* Super market & chemist not allowed to ask for vaccine pass

Airports I guess are similar to that.

Don't envy flying next weekend while they sort all this out
Old Nov 27, 2021, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by nzkarit

From what I understand, if the Mall has an Chemist / Supermarket. Then they are not allow to check vaccine passes at the door. It would
be an whole lot simpler, in the case if mall checked at the door then your free to roam. The problem being that they are making it against the law to ask to see an vaccine pass for an essential service. Hence stopping people at the door of most malls would be breaking that new law.

I feel for bussiness, airports etc that are all having to try work this out at the moment. The frame work is constantly changing, its becoming an task to read it everyday at work.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 1:22 am

It doesn't help when we've been told for weeks about the framework system but only learnt the full details for business on Thursday. That only gives a week to actually establish requirements and work processes into the way the business operates.

For some there are going to be plenty of challenges.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

WLG Airport have got back & say that Airport Food Courts are treated differently so won't be checking vaccine pass to enter their food court or retail areas.

You will not be required to show proof of vaccine to enter the terminal or at our food and retail outlets. Government guidance treats airport food courts differently to a stand-alone cafe or restaurant.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 4:01 pm

WLG Airport have got back & say that Airport Food Courts are treated differently so won't be checking vaccine pass to enter their food court or retail areas.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WLGAirpor...92264567853058
Talk about confusing eh... so Airport Terminals will become the black market of places that people without myVaccine Pass can dine and shop.

Maybe AKL will turn open up the International Terminal as an domestic shopping mall between flights for the Christmas Shopping rush.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Croupier
All this will be irrelevant with the new mutation coming out of Africa.

It will be another 2 years of .... or people just accept there will be deaths.
It's way too early to know but some data is showing this strain could be the end of the pandemic..A highly infectious mutation with only minor to mild symotoms that essentially wipes everything else out and becomes just like the common cold.

It's going to be a few weeks before we know though.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL, UA
As an update, Air NZ are public transport operators and under the law cannot refuse service based on vaccination status. They'll not volunteer this info, but legislation is here. There may be some nuances but my read is if you're not wanting to discuss your health regime with any public transport operator, that's you're prerogative and they cannot refuse you a seat. YMMV.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by cakiwi
As an update, Air NZ are public transport operators and under the law cannot refuse service based on vaccination status. They'll not volunteer this info, but legislation is here. There may be some nuances but my read is if you're not wanting to discuss your health regime with any public transport operator, that's you're prerogative and they cannot refuse you a seat. YMMV.
Not sure that's correct. Section 98A states that
(1)
A person boarding a public transport service in the area on a route that ends out of the area must carry
(a)
a CVC; or
(b)
evidence of
(i)
a negative result from a COVID-19 test administered no more than 72 hours before their journey began; or
(ii)
a certificate that verifies that the person was examined by a medical practitioner no more than 72 hours before their journey began and that the person
(A)
was determined to have particular physical or other needs that made it inappropriate for the person to undergo a COVID-19 test; and
(B)
did not exhibit symptoms of COVID-19.
(2)
The person must, when requested by the public transport operator or their representative, produce the CVC or evidence.

and...

(4)
If a person fails to comply with subclause (2),
(a)
the public transport operator or their representative may deny the person entry or access to the public transport service; and
(b)
clauses 31(1) and 32(1) do not apply.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.