Changes to Dom fare structure

Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Changes to Dom fare structure

Interesting - my booked flexidate fares have all changed to now be called "flexirefund"

Anyone else noticed any signs of the upcoming fare changes?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:11 pm

Or are they just trying to make the naming less confusing.

As flexidate wasn't really flexidate. It was flexitime plus refund.
You can't change the date without a fare difference.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Made some dummy domestic bookings Nov and Apr, and the website was offering the current Seat, Seat+Bag, FlexiTime and FlexiDate.

Are you sure there has been a promulgated change to domestic fare structure?

Nothing here as well: https://www.airnzagent.co.nz/domesti...ational-addons
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:57 am

Looks like a few things are set to change.

Flexidate will become Flexirefund.
and
Flexitime will become Flexichange.

On this page : https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/destination-whangarei
it says "With all our domestic airfares you can choose seat, seat+bag, flexichange or flexirefund fare types. Flexichange gives you the flexibility to change your flight with no change fees while flexirefund is fully refundable."
NZ_Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 3:11 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The rebrand to flexidate a few years ago was up there on the list of dumbest rebrands every - it simply made zero sence.

Nobody smart ever purchased a flexidate because you could change the date (for the fare difference which is still lost on some people and normally always ends up costing big $$$ days out). They purchased one because it was fully refundable.

If you're ever uncertain about date changes you just buy a flexidate for each day you might need to travel and cancel the one(s) your don't use.

codyc1515 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:43 am

I wonder if the social media team has no idea or if they're not willing to release the idea of the name change.

I pointed out that the website shows the new product names on just a single page and asked if the name change is in the pipe line. Their response was:

"Not that we're aware of. Maybe someone didn't like our current fare names"
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by henrus
Looks like a few things are set to change.

Flexidate will become Flexirefund.
and
Flexitime will become Flexichange.

On this page : https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/destination-whangarei
it says "With all our domestic airfares you can choose seat, seat+bag, flexichange or flexirefund fare types. Flexichange gives you the flexibility to change your flight with no change fees while flexirefund is fully refundable."

But if you look at other destination pages, the current offering remains unchanged:

Christchurch:
Air New Zealand operates non-stop flights to Christchurch from Auckland, Wellington, Queenstown, Dunedin and regional ports around New Zealand. With all our domestic airfares you can choose seat, seat+bag, flexitime or flexidate

Hokitika:
Air New Zealand operates daily non-stop flights to Hokitika from Christchurch, with connections across the domestic network. With all our domestic airfares you can choose seat, seat+bag, flexitime or flexidate fare types. Flights from Christchurch to Hokitika take 45 minutes.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
But if you look at other destination pages, the current offering remains unchanged:
I wonder if NZ_Flyer is still seeing "flexirefund" or if its changed back? The Whangarei page has since been changed back to normal.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:32 am

Programs: RFC
I suspect the most important thing to remember is that they have a new Customer Experience Manager in the company.

Doing pointless things Making Customer-Oriented Updates To Renew Our Customer's Delight, or "making an impact with the CEO & public" in the first ~90 days in the job is Management BS 101.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

I wonder if NZ_Flyer is still seeing "flexirefund" or if its changed back? The Whangarei page has since been changed back to normal.
I've had to cancel the flights now due to alert level changes. It was when I was reviewing the ones I needed to cancel that I noticed the change in name. Interesting as well was that it was only on desktop booking view that flexirefund showed up. Still showed as flexidate on mobile app. I'm picking they're planning to reveal some changes (maybe just to names as someone has suggested) and that a few of the planned changes slipped through before the full release.
henrus likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:25 pm

It's now confirmed there are changes to domestic products happening soon...

As described by Air NZ there are "upcoming enhancements to our domestic products".

Never a good sign when the word "enhancements" are used!
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:44 am

Someone has told me some more details. It looks like it's relatively good news if what I've heard is correct.

The change over date will be 29 September 2021. On that date the two changes in name that I mentioned earlier will occur:
Flexidate will become Flexirefund and Flexitime will become Flexichange. The other two products Seat and Seat + Bag seem to be staying the same although all products will get new logos (all purple).

There will apparently also be some minor changes to the fare rules:
- Seat and seat + bag fares will now allow changes on the day of departure subject to the regular change fee ($50) + fare difference (previously these fares couldn't be changed on the day of departure).
- Flexichange fares will also lose the change fee for all changes. So all changes on Flexichange fares will be free although fare difference will apply unless on the day of departure on the same route. (Previously Flexitime charged $50 for changes before the day of departure or for changes to a different destination).
codyc1515 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:25 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Someone has told me some more details. It looks like it's relatively good news if what I've heard is correct.

The change over date will be 29 September 2021. On that date the two changes in name that I mentioned earlier will occur:
Flexidate will become Flexirefund and Flexitime will become Flexichange. The other two products Seat and Seat + Bag seem to be staying the same although all products will get new logos (all purple).

- Seat and seat + bag fares will now allow changes on the day of departure subject to the regular change fee ($50) + fare difference (previously these fares couldn't be changed on the day of departure).
- Flexichange fares will also lose the change fee for all changes. So all changes on Flexichange fares will be free although fare difference will apply unless on the day of departure on the same route. (Previously Flexitime charged $50 for changes before the day of departure or for changes to a different destination).
I wonder if the additional cost of the flexibility has changed ?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Beano
I wonder if the additional cost of the flexibility has changed ?
This is what I understand the changes are expected to look like:

NZ_Flyer and cavemanzk like this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

These 2 extra "enhancements" are actually enhancements! Very welcome
henrus likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.