Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Dom fare structure

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:13 pm

Programs: Air Points; NZ*E; Accor Platinum; QF Gold
It's offical https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/dome...mpare-products Looks as though the link I posted a few months ago was right, less status points earn rate for cheap flights. https://airnzpoints.co.nz/ this has also been updated
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:05 pm

In addition to the changes to fares there has also been changes to baggage rates. The largest of the changes is a huge decrease to the overweight fee (checking a bag over 23kg but under 32kg).

codyc1515 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Does anyone know if on a flexi change or flexi refund you can opt to change one of the legs on a connecting flight? I have an upcoming CHC-WEL-TRG and wondering if I can get an earlier CHC-WEL to have some meetings at the airport during my layover? Presumably this change (if allowed) would need to be done by phone?

thanks
Old Oct 1, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Does anyone know if on a flexi change or flexi refund you can opt to change one of the legs on a connecting flight? I have an upcoming CHC-WEL-TRG and wondering if I can get an earlier CHC-WEL to have some meetings at the airport during my layover? Presumably this change (if allowed) would need to be done by phone?

thanks

I tried doing this once on exactly the same routing. Didnt have any joy in changing to a earlier CHC-WLG, or a later WLG-TRG. That was my experience anyways
Old Oct 1, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by HighFlyingKiwi
I tried doing this once on exactly the same routing. Didnt have any joy in changing to a earlier CHC-WLG, or a later WLG-TRG. That was my experience anyways
Darn. I'll give it a go within the flexi period (same day) and see what happens. Will update here
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:33 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It's been probably 18 months since I last did it but I used to regularly book WLG-AKL-ROT (or the return) so I could spend time in Auckland. There never used to be any issues doing it at the kiosk but I don't know if anything has changed since.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I've just booked a regional trip to CHC. I usually earn 4 status points for the cheapest fares, but notice that my $59 fare now earns 5 status points.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by oranjemakker

thanks
Depends on how it was booked. If done as a multi-city CHC-WLG and WLG-TRG then can change each leg independently. If done as CHC-TRG via WLG then you can only select from CHC-TRG options (which may include transits via WLG that have married segments set up), otherwise you face a fare difference to change to CHC-WLG & WLG-TRG.
henrus and HighFlyingKiwi like this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I've had my first trip on flexirefund that was booked as a flexidate. SP earning on Y booking class was unchanged, but on other booking class was reduced

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.