Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Wellington domestic Air NZ security queue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wellington domestic Air NZ security queue

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
Last Friday of school holidays perhaps with less experienced travellers held up at the screening gates?

Also maybe subtle differences in how you may get pulled aside for the staff to look through your bag, adding to the processing time.

On a day trip recently, I breezed through the secirity at WLG, but at CHC for the return my tray got diverted sideways to the manual inspection conveyor belt.

The difference was my jacket (keys in pocket) in the tray beside my backpack in WLG, while in CHC I had put my jacket and keys in my bag.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
How many of AVSEC staff in AKL/WLG/CHC are still allocated to MIQ? With Tasman flights starting backup that could be causing pressure.

Apparently according to some AVSEC staff in AKL, the current area can’t get the upgrade due to the low ceiling height an lack of floor space. Maybe be an bonus for now....
Old May 2, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
How many of AVSEC staff in AKL/WLG/CHC are still allocated to MIQ? With Tasman flights starting backup that could be causing pressure.

Apparently according to some AVSEC staff in AKL, the current area can’t get the upgrade due to the low ceiling height an lack of floor space. Maybe be an bonus for now....
The new Auckland domestic jet terminal is now back on the drawing board after being deferred last year.
Old May 6, 2021, 10:18 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
Interesting. Wellington Airport’s social media page provided an update on the security queues being caused by inadequate AVSEC staff. resourcing at peak times.

Complaints are being directed to the CAA.
Old May 6, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by HaaZe
Interesting. Wellington Airport’s social media page provided an update on the security queues being caused by inadequate AVSEC staff. resourcing at peak times.

Complaints are being directed to the CAA.
Which would imply that staff are still allocated to MIQ then? or did AVSEC let WLG based staff go.
Old May 7, 2021, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by HaaZe
On a day trip recently, I breezed through the secirity at WLG, but at CHC for the return my tray got diverted sideways to the manual inspection conveyor belt.

The difference was my jacket (keys in pocket) in the tray beside my backpack in WLG, while in CHC I had put my jacket and keys in my bag.
one downside of the new machines is that it seems to encourage trigger happy screeners who will divert bags at the slightest issue.
Old May 7, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Originally Posted by Top of climb
one downside of the new machines is that it seems to encourage trigger happy screeners who will divert bags at the slightest issue.
They all seem to love trying to find batteries which might not be in a device or in the manufactures packaging.
Old May 7, 2021, 4:52 pm

Wish they spent the money on the 3D bag scanners so don't need to take laptop out and they could see things in 3D as that would speed things up.
Thai-Kiwi and cavemanzk like this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:06 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Long queues at Wellington domestic airport

Long queues at wlg today
Old Jul 6, 2021, 11:17 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Long? Or a joke? That queue will be gone in 7 minutes
Old Jul 7, 2021, 12:08 am

Looks like the X-ray machine broke down today

http://twitter.com/WLGAirport/status...45725112979459
Old Jul 7, 2021, 12:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Beano
Long queues at wlg today
It has been much longer than this sometimes. The worst I experienced at WLG it took 30 minutes to get through security.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
That's been the typical length of the queue on all my flights in the last month - it's typically only about 10 mins at the very most like that.

It's a vast improvement on the couple of months before where the queue was often extending out back past the regional area to the cafe and shops and taking ~30 mins to clear security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.