Koru Hour?

Old Feb 9, 2021, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
But the rule is in many ways a joke anyway - unless the Govt enforce wearing masks in the terminal as well (like Australia), it seems rather pointless just making it mandatory on the plane.

Security screening and boarding all involve close contacts where aerosol spread could easily occur.
Do you still have to touch the trays to put your stuff in the xray?
Old Feb 9, 2021, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by codyc1515
Do you still have to touch the trays to put your stuff in the xray?
Then new Wellington X-Ray machines have a blue light in the return tunnel which I assume is an UV lamp or someone is trying to make it look like doing UV treatment of bins.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 5:41 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Trays are the most toxic places on earth if you're to believe lots of studies. It's hardly surprising in the US where they even get everybody's shoes in them as well.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 8:45 pm

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints Elite
Air NZ largest shareholder is this Govt, who arguably remain in power only due to the overhyped Covid fear factor. Hardly surprising if some ears aren’t being bent and arms twisted to very publicly keep it ramped up. Most crew on my recent flights admitted being totally over the mask issue. I’m still looking for the biohazard disposal bins at aircraft exits.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 2:18 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by freemark
I’m still looking for the biohazard disposal bins at aircraft exits.
Waste bins at the airport for gloves and masks and big signs saying "do not put masks in these bins" above all the regular rubbish bins is so 2020.

Now there are signs up for masks to just go in general rubbish. Really sums up the risk based approach to this...
cavemanzk and freemark like this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Waste bins at the airport for gloves and masks and big signs saying "do not put masks in these bins" above all the regular rubbish bins is so 2020.

Now there are signs up for masks to just go in general rubbish. Really sums up the risk based approach to this...
Although they are more than happy to have recycle bins on the air bridges, for you used news papers. Apparently reading an news paper on the plane is still very 2021.

Ive come to the realisation recently, that New Zealand’s Covid-19 response is based on two key features 1: marketing, and 2: an lot of hope.

The fact that you only have to wear them on the aircraft is an joke, 90% of people have removed them the second they have left the aircraft. At least on the aircraft you can contact trace people pretty quickly, yet tracing who some mixed with in an domestic terminal like AKL,CHC,WLG would be extremely hard.
sbiddle and HighFlyingKiwi like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.