New Safety Video December 2020

Old Dec 2, 20, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

New Safety Video December 2020

Really hope thy drop the long intro
Old Dec 2, 20, 2:59 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
A safety message struggling to communicate over a tourism message.
Old Dec 2, 20, 3:53 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold
Certainly better than some of their other efforts I guess.
Old Dec 2, 20, 9:57 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Yet fails to mention, to remove your face mask before placing an oxygen mask on. Seems like the crew will still need to manually announce this one, pre the video.
Old Dec 2, 20, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cavemanzk View Post
Yet fails to mention, to remove your face mask before placing an oxygen mask on. Seems like the crew will still need to manually announce this one, pre the video.
That is the youtube cut there may be other cuts with additional words like that? Like the A320 cut usually loses the intro as taxi time so quick and they need to tweak the life vest location in the different seats, exit locations, etc

Though they could have recorded it all before the domestic mask thing so that never made it into the script.
Old Dec 5, 20, 6:04 pm

Worth noting that if it was Air NZ's choice I don't think they really care if people are wearing facemasks. I wonder if the simple inclusion of something like that would require a longer approval process or some other weird regulation that prevents the simple addition.

I know NZ domestic you have to wear them but last weekend I flew Brisbane to Norfolk Island on Air NZ and no one was required to wear a facemask with very few people actually choosing to do so.
Old Dec 6, 20, 12:48 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
None of the airlines I've flown in the last month (AC/UA/AS/NZ) are doing this.
Old Dec 6, 20, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by henrus View Post
Worth noting that if it was Air NZ's choice I don't think they really care if people are wearing facemasks........
I remember reading that it was actually the pilots, crew and Air NZ were pushing for the wearing of masks. Anything that slows down/stops the spreading of the virus meant the planes were in the air (avoiding lockdowns etc) as much as possible giving more job security for them.
Old Dec 8, 20, 4:02 am

Programs: AC:E - NZ:G-E - Virgin Australia: G - Hilton:G- AF:blue
It is mentioned in the full version. Just not on the YouTube version
Old Dec 8, 20, 7:56 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
More endless self congratulatory junk that has nothing to do with safety. i really struggled to get the safety messaging. While on most other accounts Jestar is sucky, it was refreshing to have a standard safety message conducted by the crew with no unecc nonsense when I flew them last week

CAA should just put the kibosh on this and require actual safety messages
Old Dec 11, 20, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdavido View Post
It is mentioned in the full version. Just not on the YouTube version
This morning video had it, but still announced.
Guessing having to wait until deployed to all planes, before changing the SOP script?
Old Dec 21, 20, 11:14 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AP Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
While watching TV a couple of nights ago, this ad came on. The PTSD from the safety video was reactivated
Old Dec 25, 20, 9:33 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by oranjemakker View Post
More endless self congratulatory junk that has nothing to do with safety. i really struggled to get the safety messaging. While on most other accounts Jestar is sucky, it was refreshing to have a standard safety message conducted by the crew with no unecc nonsense when I flew them last week

CAA should just put the kibosh on this and require actual safety messages
Unfortunately CAA doesn’t have a Rule that covers ‘creative’ content of any safety messages. I provided some feedback 2 years ago on the ‘rap’ safety video, noting that the key safety messages were at risk of being obscured and/or diluted in the ‘production’.

Their response to me:

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns over Air New Zealand’s new safety video.

The CAA has reviewed the new Air New Zealand safety video and confirms that it meets the Civil Aviation Rule requirements for passenger briefing regarding safety and emergency procedures.

It is the operators responsibility to ensure they meet the rule. We do not have a rule that considers the creative aspects of a safety video.

We have taken on board your concerns and appreciate you raising them with us.

Kind regards,

Mary

Mary Wallis | Cabin Safety Inspector | Air Transport Unit | Air Transport and Airworthiness

Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand | Te Mana Rererangi Tumatanui o Aotearoa
Level 15, Asteron Centre | 55 Featherston Street | Wellington 6011 | New Zealand
Postal: PO Box 3555 | Wellington 6140 | New Zealand
[email protected] | www.caa.govt.nz
Old Jan 1, 21, 1:56 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, AS, AC, QF
I like it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: