Wiki Posts
Search

Turning Airpoint Dollars into Credits?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2020, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Turning Airpoint Dollars into Credits?

Hi All
I've got a crazy idea but just wondering if it's possible.

Is it possible to book fantasy domestic NZ flights using Airpoints dollar (with no intention of using them) and then cancel them turning them into a credit?

The website seems to indicate this is the case which would perhaps prolong expiring airpoints? Is my understanding of this correct?

If doing this does it take a long time to cancel NZ domestic flights and receive the credit back and would it make a difference if it's a flexidate fare?

Last edited by henrus; Sep 27, 2020 at 9:00 pm
Old Sep 27, 2020, 11:46 pm

Get an air points credit card then the APD don't expire.

Credits will expire at the end of next year. Pretty sure felixdate refunds will be refunded back to APD.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 12:08 am

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Or find something on the Airpoints store that you'd like to buy? Or use them as cash at Mitre 10?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Get an air points credit card then the APD don't expire.

Credits will expire at the end of next year. Pretty sure felixdate refunds will be refunded back to APD.
Already gold until 2022 so I'm not concerned about points expiring.

I can and actually want to book flights with my existing credits sometime this year but it'd be great to use the airpoints as well as I'm about $200 short on the credit amounts.

Originally Posted by Trumpkin
Or find something on the Airpoints store that you'd like to buy? Or use them as cash at Mitre 10?
I don't think Australian airpoints accounts have a store that you can use them in. I intend to fly later this year from Brisbane to Norfolk Island and not trying to burn them on random stuff.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 12:12 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Yes.
But flight has to cancel out - Air NZ won’t let you cancel into a credit from airpoints dollars if the flight is scheduled to operate, if they cancel it, they will.
Probably IT hasn’t kept up with process. I have used Airpoints credited to a flight credit to earn both SPs and Airpoints - I imagine this isn’t their intent but to hard to fix?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.