FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Recognition upgrades (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/2025224-recognition-upgrades.html)

Beano Sep 16, 2020 2:39 pm

Recognition upgrades

With the difficulties of overseas travel would it work to apply RU to overseas flights that you keep pushing out until the borders reopen (which could be years) or do they drop off the moment you move the flights to another date ?
The objective is to actually use the upgrades rather than just lose them.

sbiddle Sep 16, 2020 5:46 pm

Yes it will work but it's obviously going to come at a cost if Air NZ decided to charge normal change fees to change a flight.

ClanJ Sep 16, 2020 7:03 pm

I have shifted a TT booking with upgrades twice no problem. It has been after AIRNZ initiated the cancellation though so no change fees involved.

sbiddle Sep 16, 2020 10:27 pm

Air NZ do seem to be waiving change fees and fare differences at present but there is no guarantee how long that will last for.

mmonster Sep 16, 2020 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by ClanJ (Post 32680907)
I have shifted a TT booking with upgrades twice no problem. It has been after AIRNZ initiated the cancellation though so no change fees involved.

that is most interesting and the first time I have ever heard of this... but nothing surprising me anymore as I keep on learning new things on a daily, if not twice-a-day basis...

sbiddle Sep 17, 2020 1:58 am

Originally Posted by mmonster (Post 32681260)
that is most interesting and the first time I have ever heard of this... but nothing surprising me anymore as I keep on learning new things on a daily, if not twice-a-day basis...

Air NZ have let TT bookings be changed for free for months. There is no need to accept a credit - you can just rebook new dates with (a few exceptions) no change fees if routing and cabin class remains the same.

This was originally until the end of June but has been extended. While it's something that has been publically mentioned on their site I'm unsure why they haven't made greater mention of it. I'm guessing they hoping most will take a credit and rebook which may cost more!

mmonster Sep 19, 2020 1:45 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle (Post 32681407)
Air NZ have let TT bookings be changed for free for months. There is no need to accept a credit - you can just rebook new dates with (a few exceptions) no change fees if routing and cabin class remains the same.

This was originally until the end of June but has been extended. While it's something that has been publically mentioned on their site I'm unsure why they haven't made greater mention of it. I'm guessing they hoping most will take a credit and rebook which may cost more!

thanks - I did not know but reflecting this now, I agree that it is a lot cheaper for rebook, but I do not have a new date and not sure if I still can or want to fly TT, so it was good for me to take the credit....
it looks like things will not be back to new normal until at least June 2021..... so do not really know what is going to happen... but good to know : )