Dulcet Sparkling Wine - Koru Lounge

Old Sep 14, 2020, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ *E, IHG Ambassador, Qantas Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, HH Gold
Dulcet Sparkling Wine - Koru Lounge

I miss the sound of plastic corks popping and glasses clinking in the International Koru! Just as well I can now replicate that at home for $9.99 per bottle!!!
Fliar likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 7:48 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Does it come with some plastics cups, and an guide on how to pour luke warm?

You would have to pay me more than $9.99 an bottle to drink Dulcet.... It was also the wine of choice for Y on NZ.
sbiddle, Erasmus III and Fliar like this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:11 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by fleet7

I miss the sound of plastic corks popping and glasses clinking in the International Koru! Just as well I can now replicate that at home for $9.99 per bottle!!!
Nearing it use by date!
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:40 pm

Glengarry also stock Dulcet but it's a different bottle (and $25) so not sure if its a different wine or just different labelling.

Regardless, it still surprises me that Villa Maria actually produce this despite what they're capable of.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 10:44 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Chessboxin
Glengarry also stock Dulcet but it's a different bottle (and $25) so not sure if its a different wine or just different labelling.

Regardless, it still surprises me that Villa Maria actually produce this despite what they're capable of.
Countdown has had some recently too - well at-least they have at the Mount Eden store. Who obviously are are great target market for Dulcet.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 4:14 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Is this served as the PDB on NZ W? If so its hideous. Flew LAX - LHR a year or so ago with NZ W and almost gagged after my first sip. I was feeling fragile that day however 😁.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by krispy84
Is this served as the PDB on NZ W? If so its hideous. Flew LAX - LHR a year or so ago with NZ W and almost gagged after my first sip. I was feeling fragile that day however 😁.
Yep it's what is served as a PDB in Premium Economy
Old Sep 16, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Yep it's what is served as a PDB in Premium Economy
Thanks. I wont rush to buy it.

OT but LHR - LAX return has been my only experience of NZ so far and I loved it. Im sad it is no more. The 2 dedicated cabin crew in Premium Economy made such a difference to the service, it felt like J (helped by half empty cabins admittedly).
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
OMG so the Dulcet party is in full flow at the AKL domestic this afternoon, just saw a lady grab a whole bottle and four glasses to bring to her friends to party or something I guess.

I guess when you see this maybe I have some sympathy why NZ stock only this plonk...
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
That just sounds like every afternoon up there!
yourethegoose and cavemanzk like this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:49 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
OMG so the Dulcet party is in full flow at the AKL domestic this afternoon, just saw a lady grab a whole bottle and four glasses to bring to her friends to party or something I guess.

I guess when you see this maybe I have some sympathy why NZ stock only this plonk...
I've seen it a number of times this year in the AKL Lounge.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:53 pm

What is your problem with efficiency?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:10 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by prp343
What is your problem with efficiency?
ha indeed! Certainly gets the party mood going quicker in the Koru lounge!
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:11 pm

Or did they grab four glasses to justify just taking the entire bottle for themselves???
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Or did they grab four glasses to justify just taking the entire bottle for themselves???
hahahah. I glanced over on my way to board and there were four of them, the lounge was so full they were all sitting crowded around one side of one of the large working desks, glad I wasn;t seated near them

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.