Dulcet Sparkling Wine - Koru Lounge

Old Sep 14, 20, 7:13 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Auckland
Programs: Air NZ *E, IHG Ambassador
Posts: 114
Dulcet Sparkling Wine - Koru Lounge


I miss the sound of plastic corks popping and glasses clinking in the International Koru! Just as well I can now replicate that at home for $9.99 per bottle!!!
Fliar likes this.
fleet7 is offline  
Old Sep 14, 20, 7:48 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Programs: NZ Koru
Posts: 5,860
Does it come with some plastics cups, and an guide on how to pour luke warm?

You would have to pay me more than $9.99 an bottle to drink Dulcet.... It was also the wine of choice for Y on NZ.
sbiddle, Erasmus III and Fliar like this.
cavemanzk is offline  
Old Sep 14, 20, 8:11 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Posts: 353
Originally Posted by fleet7 View Post

I miss the sound of plastic corks popping and glasses clinking in the International Koru! Just as well I can now replicate that at home for $9.99 per bottle!!!
Nearing it use by date!
kiwicyclo is offline  
Old Sep 14, 20, 8:40 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 54
Glengarry also stock Dulcet but it's a different bottle (and $25) so not sure if its a different wine or just different labelling.

Regardless, it still surprises me that Villa Maria actually produce this despite what they're capable of.
Chessboxin is offline  
Old Sep 14, 20, 10:44 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Programs: NZ Koru
Posts: 5,860
Originally Posted by Chessboxin View Post
Glengarry also stock Dulcet but it's a different bottle (and $25) so not sure if its a different wine or just different labelling.

Regardless, it still surprises me that Villa Maria actually produce this despite what they're capable of.
Countdown has had some recently too - well at-least they have at the Mount Eden store. Who obviously are are great target market for Dulcet.
cavemanzk is offline  
Old Sep 15, 20, 4:14 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK - South Coast
Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classť, plus BAEC.
Posts: 1,457
Is this served as the PDB on NZ W? If so itís hideous. Flew LAX - LHR a year or so ago with NZ W and almost gagged after my first sip. I was feeling fragile that day however 😁.
krispy84 is offline  
Old Sep 15, 20, 6:39 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: AKL
Programs: NZ Elite, QF Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Posts: 1,597
Originally Posted by krispy84 View Post
Is this served as the PDB on NZ W? If so itís hideous. Flew LAX - LHR a year or so ago with NZ W and almost gagged after my first sip. I was feeling fragile that day however 😁.
Yep it's what is served as a PDB in Premium Economy
NZ_Flyer is offline  
Old Sep 16, 20, 6:10 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK - South Coast
Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classť, plus BAEC.
Posts: 1,457
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer View Post
Yep it's what is served as a PDB in Premium Economy
Thanks. I wonít rush to buy it.

OT but LHR - LAX return has been my only experience of NZ so far and I loved it. Iím sad it is no more. The 2 dedicated cabin crew in Premium Economy made such a difference to the service, it felt like J (helped by half empty cabins admittedly).
krispy84 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: