Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online Credit Tool

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by brenrox
For those that have bookings that don't work, is it possible these were paid with APD? I'm pretty sure one of my bookings that was originally paid for by APD has since been refunded as APD...haven't tried the booking ref in the online tool though
Nope all the ones I can't access were paid with credit card. Single person PNR. Range of domestic, TT & LH. Between 2 to 6 flights per booking. Some cancelled unaltered. Some cancelled after changes due to TT rescheduling. Most in the past but one in the future. All booked while logged into my AirPoints account.

The only pattern I can figure out is that is doesn't accept any bookings.
kiwicyclo likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Checked my sole PNR for a cancelled domestic sector. Same error message.

Note that the sector was voluntarily put into credit as the revised schedule didnt suit, but the flight operated. I wonder if this is an issue that in terms of distinguishing ‘types’ of credit?
Same situation so cancelled and requested credit but I was able to access the credit via the app straight away. Bizarre
Old Jul 20, 2020, 2:13 pm

All mine (domestic only) appear correctly
Old Jul 20, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
No luck with a simple trans tasman trip. I have a confirmed credit from months ago. In my case the flight operated but because of the no travel warning by the PM I decided against travelling, so that could be why I had no luck. Guess I will just wait for updates to the tool or phone the call centre in a few days when they might not be so busy. I guess Air NZ had to go live with the tool this month or annoy almost everyone but they have provided a solution that is only one step up from being dysfunctional.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by brenrox
For those that have bookings that don't work, is it possible these were paid with APD? I'm pretty sure one of my bookings that was originally paid for by APD has since been refunded as APD...haven't tried the booking ref in the online tool though
Not at all, my only APD booking was refunded prior to the credit solution going live. That was for a TT. All my current credits are for domestic flexidate fares. Just simply do not show.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 8:52 pm
bsd

Programs: UA 1MM, NZ Gold Elite
My credit from a cancelled AKL-CNS-AKL trip in May is usable, and I've applied it towards AKL-DUD-AKL.

The process was easy to follow and seems to have worked.

My concern though is that the 'Potential earnings' shown in My bookings for the replacement flight are zero:

My understanding was that given this is effectively my own money I am spending, this would qualify for both Airpoints Dollars and Status points.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 9:28 pm
bsd

Programs: UA 1MM, NZ Gold Elite
I spoke too soon - but thought I would advise readers asap to save your time.

I just rechecked and earnings have magically appeared:

Either NZ monitor this forum in almost real-time or processing bookings completely takes some time.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 11:22 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Nope all the ones I can't access were paid with credit card. Single person PNR. Range of domestic, TT & LH. Between 2 to 6 flights per booking. Some cancelled unaltered. Some cancelled after changes due to TT rescheduling. Most in the past but one in the future. All booked while logged into my AirPoints account.

The only pattern I can figure out is that is doesn't accept any bookings.
Hmmm...I tried my APD booking (domestic) and got the error message too.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 12:49 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I've just got two emails from Air NZ for PNRs that wouldn't work yesterday. Both basically say some booking types won't yet work but we're working on it.

Both are NZ metal flights to Aussie which I wouldn't have thought was anything complex. The only thing that's unique about them is that both are via AKL as Air NZ subsequently cancelled flights from WLG after I booked so I had to rebook via AKL before the lockdown occured.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite
Was told yesterday by the contact centre staff that credits for international multi stop itineraries with segments already flown cannot be accessed via the online tool even in the next roll out due to the complexity of such itineraries but was assured that the booking is in credit and I will need to redeem it within 12 months of original booking date which is June 2021, as opposed to the new extended date of 31 December 2021.
They assured me that if I re-book the same segment for travel before 30 June 2021, subject to same booking class availability, there will be no fare difference applicable.

I asked if they could email me all that was discussed as I didn't receive the "credit email" for this booking but I got "Sorry we don't have a template for that" so now building a spreadsheet to keep record of all the cancelled bookings in credit.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:02 am

I had an APD trans Tasman booking cancelled in the latest round after the solution went live. They’ve given me a credit which shows up on the site. It will be interesting to see if I will earn any APD and such given about half the credit is my own funds due to the taxes.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
Had notification of of a TT placed in credit yesterday. Rang got thru after 5 mins and asked to have it re-booked (next year) which was done straight away with no problems or any extra cost.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:33 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Ditto booking to UK.
Notification of credit, rang and rebooked to April with no problem at all.
No extra cost. Smooth, no questions or difficulties. Fingers crossed for a declining pandemic or a vaccine by then.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I wouldn't be so certain right now about being able to travel anywhere in April. Right now I don't expect any travel until probably late 2021 at the earliest, and certainly wouldn't expect NZ borders to be open.

A magic cure would be great, but I just don't see that happening.. Even the rollout of a vaccine if we do have something by the end of the year is going to be a huge project.

NZ has made the decision to isolate ourselves and we have to deal with the consequences of that.

Last edited by sbiddle; Jul 29, 2020 at 1:29 am
Old Jul 29, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Will be interesting to see.
With my Medical hat on I would be surprised if a vaccine (s) were not widely available by Nov/Dec. I think NZ’s problem is due to PHARMAC and our relationships with the big players here we are probably at the end of a long line. Not helped by the fact that .au and many other countries has signed deals already with some of faster moving researchers and NZ hasn’t ..... time will tell. Despite the cheerleaders many poor and uninformed decisions have been made...... sadly the majority see the absence of COVID in NZ as the only measure of success.

As for not travelling...... pushing this UK trip out to April is the last date I can do it before defaulting on an important contract so even if it means paying $3000 for a hotel for 2 weeks so be it. The issue will be will I be able to connect into a wider international network ex-NZ to get there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.