Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Auto-refund of credits that were originally APD reward flights

Old Jul 15, 20, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold

I had an ADL-AKL booked with APD in August that was cancelled and a credit given.

This week I receive an email out of the blue saying this credit has now been refunded and APD returned to my account and taxes returned to my credit card. Seems a very strange thing for them to decide to just refund this now? Anyone had any similar experience? Or have Air NZ changed their stance on this?
Old Jul 15, 20, 3:59 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Elite, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
same expeience. Two AKL-SYD trips paid via airpoints - the airpoints are now refunded; taxes paid in cash not yet received.

A month or so ago a AKL-CHC flight (seat only fare) paid by airpoints was refunded.
Old Jul 15, 20, 4:00 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Same yesterday for a AKL-SYD-AKL, APD for tickets and Creditcard for taxes. Previously held in credit now refunded to original form of payment. April travel this year.
Old Jul 15, 20, 7:20 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
I wonder if there were technical limitations for flights booked with APD with the credit solution due to go live on Monday?
NZ_Flyer likes this.
Old Jul 15, 20, 11:05 pm

Programs: *G, OW Emerald, Bonvoy Amb Elite, HH Gold
Similarly, I had the APDs used for three trips refunded exactly a month ago, having been told they would only be refunded as credits. The taxes have been refunded to my credit card and things like seat selection fees for my wife appear to have refunded as APD as well.

The accompanying email from mid June stated they were working through all cancellations and I heard nothing more until this week when I received the same email for one of my remaining trips. I received the email Tuesday and the APDs were in my account today. This mirrors the turnaround time from mid-June. I am happy with this development as least with APD I can try and use them on other Star Alliance carriers given NZ options out of Singapore, and entry back into New Zealand, will be limited for some time yet.

My seven trips were a mix of SIN-AKL returns and several domestic legs.

Last edited by NZZO; Jul 15, 20 at 11:07 pm Reason: Aesthetics

Search this Thread
Search Engine: