Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Just hit silver, first time becoming a frequent flyer despite the global situations

Just hit silver, first time becoming a frequent flyer despite the global situations

Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints

Sorry it's a trivial topic, but I'd like to share my timeline of recently acquiring Air NZ silver:

21 JUN - Surpassed 450 points, also became the renewal date for silver in 2021.
23 JUN - App and airpoints account updated.
24 JUN - Received silver email, with an additional message regarding the COVID-19 situation
We know you may have experienced some disruption to your travel due to the global impact of COVID-19 and we trust youll enjoy your new benefits as you start to fly with us more frequently. In the meantime, it's a pleasure to welcome you to Silver.
6 JUL - Received the onesmart card in the mail.
1 AUG - That's when they will activate the tier status.

Will I get a bag tag as well? Seems a bit bland to just receive a card in the mail, but I guess silver is also quite bland.
Thanks for reading
Kiwi Flyer likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
There are no bag tags for Silver because Silver doesn't offer any baggage benefits such as extra carry on or fast bag.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 6:38 pm

In reality, expect no recognition on any Air NZ services (that's my experience of formally being silver for a few years).

You get two lounge passes and one recognition updated (the latter pointless at the moment due to lack of international travel). I believe they still give NZ*S free access to premium economy seating when they fly the 787/777's domestically (something that's been happening a bit more often in the past few months).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.