Wiki Posts
Search

Seems a bit Wonky Donkey

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2020, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Seems a bit Wonky Donkey

Having done 8 sectors in the past two weeks it seems like operations are a bit hit and miss, anyone else finding that? Every A320 flight has had 2 captains (I'm assuming these are long haul pilots converting back down) and almost all have been late operating with various snafus, bouncy landings, aggressive braking, delayed airbridges and baggage etc.

Todays gem was a 30 min delay because the aircraft hadn't flown for a week and the tech crew weren't sure how much fuel it had on board and needed an engineer to come and look in the tanks! Then on the news tonight chaos with 11 pax offloaded from a flight to BNE.

Coupled with the festering annoyance over credits which dissent seem to be going away anytime soon it seems like "could try harder" is the verdict on many fronts at the moment. I think I will try the other guy for the next few sectors.

On the positive side of aviation a glacier landing on a ski plane last week out of Mt Cook airfield was exceptional, highly recommend if anyones looking for school holiday entertainment.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 11:33 pm

I had a colleague on the 0715 AKLCHC the other morning who was almost offloaded because they had to swap a 320D in for the scheduled 321N. This might have been inconvenient when running normal schedules but on the 6-flights-a-day they’re currently running it’s almost impossible to get anything back from your day. Planes go tech, but the answer can’t be to simply downgauge and leave 70 pax at the gate on the first flight of the morning on a main trunk route,
Old Jul 5, 2020, 12:36 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
I've flown 3 returns in the last 3 weeks. AKL-CHC-AKL, AKL-GIS-AKL, AKL-ZQN-AKL. All have been great. Apart from 3 pax who decided not to fly on Wednesday after boarding the plane and baggage had to be found, left 30 minutes late on 321.

A nice treat from "flying" was a Helicopter flight ZQN-MFN-ZQN with a couple of alpine stops on glaciers thrown in.

Flying seems pretty much back to normal now . . .
Old Jul 5, 2020, 3:21 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Kiwi_FF
Then on the news tonight chaos with 11 pax offloaded from a flight to BNE.
NZ seems to be taking cargo over passengers, at the expensive of loading passengers. When some airfreight rates have surged up to $10/kg... they seem to be chasing that revenue instead.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 3:36 pm

Is BNE doing the same as SYD with only 50pax per flight and 450 per day?
Old Jul 5, 2020, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
No, that's just a NSW restriction at this stage.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

off topic (a little)
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Originally Posted by Top of climb
No, that's just a NSW restriction at this stage.
All about QLD vs NSW state politics
Due to the recent QLD requirement for self payment people fewer people are selecting BNE as the international arrival city. VIC & NSW governments pays for the hotel quarantine. So more people to SYD, now that MEL is closed to new international arrivals for 2 weeks.
NSW & VIC are always had an open state border.**** Along the Murray River many towns have people on both sides.

https://www.bne.com.au/passenger/pas...19-coronavirus
All travellers arriving into Australia are required to undertake a mandatory two week quarantine at a Government arranged hotel at your own expense. All travellers arriving at Brisbane Airport's International Terminal will be transported directly to designated facilities after appropriate immigration, customs and enhanced health checks. Find the full details here.
Edit ****
10:24 6 July 2020----> ‘Strong chance’ NSW will close border amid Victoria coronavirus spike

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jul 5, 2020 at 6:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.