FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   New Airpoints Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/2019220-new-airpoints-card.html)

Markhm Jun 8, 2020 1:53 am

New Airpoints Card

Hi everyone, my new card arrived today and did not have my consecutive Elite years on it, is this a change of policy? I’m struggling to remember if the Elite pack has another card in it?

also I noticed that I only have 1 x Valet parking voucher now..is this an enhancement I missed?

MaestroNZ Jun 8, 2020 3:43 am

I got mine in the mail today too. No number on it like you.
Also didn’t get any of the usual vouchers or bag tags which I think they mentioned in an email a while back, but my partner got bag tags in the Elite Partner pack today which I thought was a little weird.

My year doesn’t actually roll over until 1 July so my Valet vouchers haven’t updated yet.

Beano Jun 8, 2020 4:13 am

Card showing years as elite

Originally Posted by Markhm (Post 32438930)
Hi everyone, my new card arrived today and did not have my consecutive Elite years on it, is this a change of policy? I’m struggling to remember if the Elite pack has another card in it?

also I noticed that I only have 1 x Valet parking voucher now..is this an enhancement I missed?

Has it got something to do with "AirnzHeadstart" h
//www.airnewzealand.co.nz/status-points-head-start
Are you over 20years of gold or elite ?
maybe it only shows for elite with less than 20years under their belt ?

Kiwi Flyer Jun 9, 2020 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 32439106)
Has it got something to do with "AirnzHeadstart" h
//www.airnewzealand.co.nz/status-points-head-start
Are you over 20years of gold or elite ?
maybe it only shows for elite with less than 20years under their belt ?

It shouldn't be related to this because headstart has been deferred (to a date yet to be announced) in light of the status extension provided under Covid-19.

mmonster Jun 9, 2020 11:53 pm

my memory is starting to fail me... must be old age - it was pre-COVID when they announced this - with a brave new world we are in and stepping into, it would make it extremely difficult to retain the status - I guess that they must count if it was shielded by banked years? I vaguely remember they were to come back to us with the magic number that we have been Gold but I guess this got pushed to the very bottom of the list with the many IT related priorities they are trying to deliver - let's not hope that they have got rid of most of their IT staff -

back to head start, I think that I am just on 10 years with a combination of Gold and Elite... hope my calculation will be correct and that they will honor me with 135 points - I really need this for the current year.

poopbunny Jun 10, 2020 6:58 am

Depending on the anniversary, many will end up burning at least 2 banked years.

Recently minted Elites will likely soft land to gold when the free bank year is spent.

There's just not that much SP earned on domestic.