Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

AirNZ lounge openings Ex Business Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirNZ lounge openings Ex Business Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:07 am

Programs: NZ *G
The TV screen gave me the details. I logged on but WIFI either wouldn’t work or was intolerably slow on my midweek AKL-CHC flight.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
gratn Ah OK. I was in row 1 and left the screen stowed away after the safety video.

nzkarit Certainly my iPhone didnt automatically launch safari or a logon screen after I selected the wifi. I specifically tried to refresh a web page to see if that would bring up something, but with no success. I moved on at that point.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by gratn
The TV screen gave me the details. I logged on but WIFI either wouldn’t work or was intolerably slow on my midweek AKL-CHC flight.
South Bound the WIFI coverage is pretty patchy, North Bound Ive found it to be pretty good.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 4:09 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Due to tail fade issues WiFi is incredibly problematic on a number of southbound flights including AKL-WLG, NAN-AKL and AKL-CHC.

Tail fade (and wing fade) occur when direct line of sight between the satellite and the antenna on the top of the plane is impacted which causes loss of signal. This occurs because of the location of the satellite in a geostationary orbit and is all the proof we need that the earth is in fact round! Wing fade with Inmarsat GX is a significant issue particularly across Europe due to the location of the GX satellite and the steep banking that can occur inflight on many aircraft flying across Europe.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 4:13 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by nzkarit
With Bauer Media gone, there is no one to make it, sell ads, etc currently. Plus think generally they have been canned by most airlines as a cross contamination, production cost, fuel saving, etc measure.

Doesn't the Wi-Fi do the automatic captive portal thing, to the sign in page? Pretty sure my phone and laptop detect the captive portal and do the native captive portal thing, with no need to actually visit the URL.
There are no magazines on the neo or A320R fleet since their main purpose is short haul international flights.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 7:00 pm

I see Auckland Domestic Lounge has re-opened.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12348170
Old Jul 14, 2020, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Outbound24
I see Auckland Domestic Lounge has re-opened.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12348170
May be a better thread to mention in
AKL Domestic Lounge Renovations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.