Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

AirNZ lounge openings Ex Business Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirNZ lounge openings Ex Business Traveller

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2020, 4:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes alcoholic beverages now available, along with expanded food offerings. Still nothing hot. Buffet remains non self serve.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:13 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Sandwiches and muffins in Christchurch lunchtime yesterday. Also alcoholic drinks including wine. Great coffee. Surprisingly few people in the lounge given the number of flights.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by edmm
Sandwiches and muffins in Christchurch lunchtime yesterday. Also alcoholic drinks including wine. Great coffee. Surprisingly few people in the lounge given the number of flights.
Breakfast this morning in Christchurch was muffins, bircher muesli, juices I think. There is a buffet but kind of strangely you can't serve yourself so you are served. One at a time at the buffet. Still seems to be table service for drinks.
I noticed draft beer setup at the end of the coffee bar. Not sure if that's new
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:54 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by edmm
Probably indicates mostly personal travel, rather than business travel perhaps? I don't know what most company travel domestic policies are in NZ now that coronavirus is under control.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
Probably indicates mostly personal travel, rather than business travel perhaps? I don't know what most company travel domestic policies are in NZ now that coronavirus is under control.
Also a Monday of a long weekend.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
The international terminal lounge at AKL is remaining closed correct? So in the international terminal there is zero open Im assuming-its probably best to arrive 90 minutes prior to a departing flight if you can.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 9:48 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
my workplace (a university) is in cost reduction mode - for the remainder of 2020 no domestic travel (exceptions for when travel is externally funded by a research contract etc) and no international travel (apart from approved recruitment activities)
Old Jun 2, 2020, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by DLATL777
The international terminal lounge at AKL is remaining closed correct? So in the international terminal there is zero open Im assuming-its probably best to arrive 90 minutes prior to a departing flight if you can.
All closed except for one juice counter in the main eating area post security. They only had cold drink and a few sandwhiches. No hot drinks or food.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:07 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
According to the lounge staff in Dunedin this morning booze is back this week! Plus more substantial food
Unfortunately I forgot that the return of booze also means the return of Dulcet and the Dulcet swilling crowd. Its flowing in AKL regional this afternoon!
Sadly that's one contract Air NZ didn't change
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Unfortunately I forgot that the return of booze also means the return of Dulcet and the Dulcet swilling crowd. Its flowing in AKL regional this afternoon!
Did not seem so bad at 3 pm. Lounges was pretty much deserted. Auckland regional that is.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Now some limited hot food available in the lounges - mini pies, mini quiches, and sausage rolls.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Maybe they should limit the Dulcet! Drop kick of a passenger in 1F on the Auckland to Christchurch at 3.55 pm. Probably had to much ! Rules are simple about staying in your seat 1F means your a boxed I. Until 1D stands up #simple
Old Jun 7, 2020, 10:51 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Now with level one effective of Midnight tonight, there is no excuses for the lounges to not be back to normal by the end of the week.

Unless they are willing to admit it’s for cost savings reasons.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Now with level one effective of Midnight tonight, there is no excuses for the lounges to not be back to normal by the end of the week.

Unless they are willing to admit it’s for cost savings reasons.
Could be a push for AKL domestic jet. Looks pretty well boarded up.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Maybe they should limit the Dulcet! Drop kick of a passenger in 1F on the Auckland to Christchurch at 3.55 pm. Probably had to much ! Rules are simple about staying in your seat 1F means your a boxed I. Until 1D stands up #simple
Which day? Friday or Saturday flight? If Friday that was me in 1F! The person in 1D wouldn't clear his seat on landing allowing me to get my bag out. Given the requirement to go row by row he should have gotten up and stood in the aisle by the kitchen or whatever allowing me in 1F to not hold others behind me up. And I didnt leave my seat until he left therefore.

And I hadn't touched a drop!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.