Business Class Revamp Underway

Old May 15, 20, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Business Class Revamp Underway

Not being stopped by covid-19: https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/121524648/coronavirus-air-new-zealand-forges-ahead-with-new-business-class-cabin-despite-covid19-chaos
kiwicyclo likes this.
Old May 15, 20, 2:45 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer View Post
Perfect time to be doing it, for all the reasons indicated.
Old May 15, 20, 2:52 pm

It says the upgrade already under way, so guessing it's only the tweaked seat.
Old May 15, 20, 4:32 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
You'll notice many of the comments in this story are not from Air NZ. Everything is non Air NZ people giving their views of the made comments during the conference call which simply said work on the next gen seat is continuing.

The new next gen BP seat is still planned for the 787-10, and whether that aircraft will be delayed is an unknown. If it is delayed we could possibly see refurbs of existing 787-9s beginning around that time

Air NZ have no plans to replace the current BP seating with a brand new next gen seating during the current period, something some people in the story are inferring will happen.

Spending $100m + on new seats right now would be the last thing any airline would be doing, and really shows how little some of these commentators really know.

It's also worth correcting the fact that Air NZ have not drawn down their Govt loan as media keep suggesting. It's available to them, but the terms of the loan are hardly compelling.

Last edited by sbiddle; May 15, 20 at 6:01 pm
Old May 15, 20, 4:44 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by nzkarit View Post
It says the upgrade already under way, so guessing it's only the tweaked seat.
Post COVID-19 business class seat? And row of 3 Y seats with the middle seat blocked

I would expect NZ would almost emerge out an LCC once international markets reopen. They will need to go for low fares, but with reduced onboard services.
Old May 16, 20, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75k, DL DM, UA 1k, Hyatt Globalist
"King said the airline's existing business premier product had lost some of its competitive edge compared to other airlines' products and was due for an overhaul."

Jeez, ya think????

Lol, absolute worst business class seat in the world. Bar none. Incomprehensible how these seats in this arrangement ever got into an airplane. Some dreadful decision making there.

Otherwise...love the country and the airline.
poopbunny likes this.
Old May 16, 20, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo View Post
"King said the airline's existing business premier product had lost some of its competitive edge compared to other airlines' products and was due for an overhaul."

Jeez, ya think????

Lol, absolute worst business class seat in the world. Bar none. Incomprehensible how these seats in this arrangement ever got into an airplane. Some dreadful decision making there.

I'm seriously glad I'd never have to fly with you! The fact you seriously think a fully lie flat product with direct aisle access in every seat that still offers one of the best sleeps in the sky is inferior to the angled lie flat or seats without direct aisle access still in use across a large number of airlines shows you clearly don't travel a lot. I couldn't image for one minute there would even be a single other person on here that would seriously say they would prefer the middle business seat on an Emirates 777 for a 15hr flight over the Air NZ BP seat.

Your memory also seems pretty poor, because when that seat was first deployed in 2005 it was still revolutionary. Fully lie flat seats with direct aisle access weren't on probably 90% of longhaul aircraft around the world then. If you think opting for what was arguably the best seat available at the time the decision was made (2003ish) was "dreadful" I'd really love to know what seat you think they should have deployed back then that would have been so much better.
ps107 and Erasmus III like this.
Old May 16, 20, 2:54 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD

Jeez, ya think????

Try Emirates 2-3-2 business then
HeyAussie likes this.
Old May 16, 20, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
I'm seriously glad I'd never have to fly with you! The fact you seriously think a fully lie flat product with direct aisle access in every seat that still offers one of the best sleeps in the sky is inferior to the angled lie flat or seats without direct aisle access still in use across a large number of airlines shows you clearly don't travel a lot. I couldn't image for one minute there would even be a single other person on here that would seriously say they would prefer the middle business seat on an Emirates 777 for a 15hr flight over the Air NZ BP seat.

Your memory also seems pretty poor, because when that seat was first deployed in 2005 it was still revolutionary. Fully lie flat seats with direct aisle access weren't on probably 90% of longhaul aircraft around the world then. If you think opting for what was arguably the best seat available at the time the decision was made (2003ish) was "dreadful" I'd really love to know what seat you think they should have deployed back then that would have been so much better.
Maybe you want to provide a retrospective back to the Wright bros first flight? Why stop at 2005?

I travel TPAC/TATL at least twice a month every month (except for past two months) , either J or F. Bit condescending aren't you?

It's 2020 by the way, the world has moved on.

Air NZ tickets are not, nor have ever been cheap, should have reinvested some profit into keeping up with the competition. There is no reason for me to ever sit in the middle seat of any biz class, I have the choice not to book something like this and I don't, false equivalency.

You enjoy that NZ seat and I'll do what I have to currently do which is book anything other than Air NZ J

Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
Try Emirates 2-3-2 business then
Done it, have more scheduled. Wife and I in the side seats. Just awesome, comparatively speaking. Preferred to Air NZ
poopbunny likes this.
Old May 16, 20, 3:59 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (18), EK S, NZ E, IHG Spire RA, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat
Maybe you want to provide a retrospective back to the Wright bros first flight? Why stop at 2005?

I travel TPAC/TATL at least twice a month every month (except for past two months) , either J or F. Bit condescending aren't you?

It's 2020 by the way, the world has moved on.

Air NZ tickets are not, nor have ever been cheap, should have reinvested some profit into keeping up with the competition. There is no reason for me to ever sit in the middle seat of any biz class, I have the choice not to book something like this and I don't, false equivalency.

You enjoy that NZ seat and I'll do what I have to currently do which is book anything other than Air NZ J

Done it, have more scheduled. Wife and I in the side seats. Just awesome, comparatively speaking. Preferred to Air NZ
As you’ve probably guessed, any negative comment about NZ will be attacked here. Often, as in this case, the opinions of NZ supporters are presented as facts. Your opinion is obviously just as valid as theirs, but here it will be dismissed as nonsense.
Old May 16, 20, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Eltham View Post
As you’ve probably guessed, any negative comment about NZ will be attacked here.
You clearly don't read all the posts on here if that's your view of this forum. The constant criticism of Air NZ in here by its own HVCs (myself included on many occasions) is one of the only constants.

​There wouldn't be a single person on here who thinks Air NZ have anything close to the best business product in the world. To categorically state however that's its the worst business product in the world is just laughable though.
drajknox, Erasmus III and ps107 like this.
Old May 16, 20, 4:38 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (18), EK S, NZ E, IHG Spire RA, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
You clearly don't read all the posts on here if that's your view of this forum. The constant criticism of Air NZ in here by its own HVCs (myself included on many occasions) is one of the only constants.

​There wouldn't be a single person on here who thinks Air NZ have anything close to the best business product in the world. To categorically state however that's its the worst business product in the world is just laughable though.
It was an opinion, as is yours.
Old May 16, 20, 6:47 pm

Also hoping the Beef Cheeks are revamped into Beef Fillet.
jawnbc likes this.
Old May 16, 20, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Eltham View Post
As you’ve probably guessed, any negative comment about NZ will be attacked here. Often, as in this case, the opinions of NZ supporters are presented as facts. Your opinion is obviously just as valid as theirs, but here it will be dismissed as nonsense.
Lol, so true, and in most all the forums as well
Eltham likes this.
Old May 16, 20, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by poopbunny View Post
Also hoping the Beef Cheeks are revamped into Beef Fillet.
If you want steak you have to fly to Japan. Beef cheeks are reserved exclusively for the passengers flying to the US who pay more.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: