Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Revamp Underway

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2020, 7:39 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
"King said the airline's existing business premier product had lost some of its competitive edge compared to other airlines' products and was due for an overhaul."

Jeez, ya think????

Lol, absolute worst business class seat in the world. Bar none. Incomprehensible how these seats in this arrangement ever got into an airplane. Some dreadful decision making there.

Otherwise...love the country and the airline.
I flew Qantas business on the A380 in March, in place of NZ given the situation with the virus and borders closing. I've previously flown UA business (not Polaris) and LH business. I would unhesitatingly choose NZ business over any of those. While I enjoyed the privacy of Qantas, I easily sleep much better on NZ.
Old May 16, 2020, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite
My experiences flying business with Qantas for the USA have been so incredibly average, to say the least.

Hard beds that are not comfortable to sleep on.

A chaotic bordering experience where it seemed more people had priority than DIDN'T have priority. Seriously. The business class bordering queue is mixed it with their frequent flyers and the lines are huge.

Bizarrely no hot towels. Obviously no one really cares about this, but it's just really weird that leaving LAX I have never had hot towels. There is even a thread dedicated to this on the Qantas forum, where people say whether they got hot towels or not.

And super unfriendly service on the LAX departure each time.

I don't know why its so unfriendly in LAX, maybe because they leave so late?

Virgin Australia is my favourite of the three but they may not exist anymore, and they also leave at a horrible time, so Air NZ always wins for me, because their bed is super comfy and they leave at an amazing time.

Qantas was great for me for Asia business class flights where I was choosing not to sleep and the service was super friendly too.

I also find their business class service trans tasman out of Christchurch extremely friendly, which is sad because I would love to choose them more, but they reserve their worst planes for us that creak SO loudly and trigger my fear of flying.

The worst thing about Qantas for me, is to fly it overseas, it usually requires a 6am Christchurch departure. That will always stop me from flying with them, because that is truly awful.
Old May 17, 2020, 4:10 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Overall NZ business isn't the best. But it's still the best sleep I've ever had on a plane. I've flown OS LH SQ AC TG TK and QF in J.
Old May 18, 2020, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
If you want steak you have to fly to Japan. Beef cheeks are reserved exclusively for the passengers flying to the US who pay more.
Doesn't seem to be exclusive to routes on other airlines.

Perhaps NZ could reinvent business "premier" and charge extra for those who are willing to pay, an extra $10 or $20 over and above the ~$3k/sector fare to upgrade from beef cheeks / burgers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.