Current INTL Inflight Service

Old May 20, 20, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer View Post
Wow! Are you planning on staying in the USA, or will you be coming home and going to a hotel for 2 weeks?
My final destination was Canada, after a night in LA.

Arrival experience here was MUCH stricter than at LAX. I'll be staying in Canada (where I am currently employed) for the foreseeable future.
Old May 21, 20, 2:53 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Isolation for 2 weeks required on arrival in Canada? Just curious...
Old May 21, 20, 9:12 am

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Isolation for 2 weeks required on arrival in Canada? Just curious...
Yep – Two weeks self-isolation, only managed quarantine if you have symptoms.
Old May 25, 20, 7:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Qantas
Overnight in LA

Originally Posted by ChrisNZ View Post
My final destination was Canada, after a night in LA.

Arrival experience here was MUCH stricter than at LAX. I'll be staying in Canada (where I am currently employed) for the foreseeable future.
My original flight in April from AKL-YVR was cancelled, so I have to transit through LAX. That involves a nearly 24 layover at LAX. I just got off the phone to Air NZ. The person I spoke to had no idea whether I could leave the airport / stay in a nearby hotel overnight / and then catch a flight to Canada the next day. Did you have any issues?
Old May 25, 20, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.1MM, EK Gold, SQ Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Area hotels are open near LAX I can confirm that. I spoke to the Westin and its business as normal except for take out only and none of the amenities are open.
Old May 26, 20, 10:24 am

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by denbe52 View Post
My original flight in April from AKL-YVR was cancelled, so I have to transit through LAX. That involves a nearly 24 layover at LAX. I just got off the phone to Air NZ. The person I spoke to had no idea whether I could leave the airport / stay in a nearby hotel overnight / and then catch a flight to Canada the next day. Did you have any issues?
I know a few folks who have transited the US, should be no problem at all.
Old May 28, 20, 12:50 pm

Was the premium checkin area open? Any vouchers given in lieu of the closed koru lounge, any places open to buy food in the Intl terminal AKL prior to departure?
Thanks
Old May 29, 20, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by ecanem22 View Post
Was the premium checkin area open? Any vouchers given in lieu of the closed koru lounge, any places open to buy food in the Intl terminal AKL prior to departure?
Thanks
I flew out of AKL intl a couple of nights ago on NZ2. Two counters were set aside for premium check in at the general check in area.
One news agency was open downstairs pre security.
The doors to get though to the security area were closed until approx 90mins before departure, no express security open.
Once through security all the shops/restaurants/ lounges were closed and it seemed like everyone went to the gate to wait for boarding.

On board BP was full, the rest of the flight looked busy also. Crew were friendly and all wearing masks and gloves.
On arrival to LAX most passengers put a mask on before disembarking, at the carousels there was only one other flight.
Border protection asked why I needed to be in the USA during these times.
My driver commented that it was the first time in 15 years he found a park straight away!

All in all the weirdest flight that I will probably ever take.

Jeff
Old May 29, 20, 8:52 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Jeff1 View Post
I flew out of AKL intl a couple of nights ago on NZ2. Two counters were set aside for premium check in at the general check in area.
One news agency was open downstairs pre security.
The doors to get though to the security area were closed until approx 90mins before departure, no express security open.
Once through security all the shops/restaurants/ lounges were closed and it seemed like everyone went to the gate to wait for boarding.

On board BP was full, the rest of the flight looked busy also. Crew were friendly and all wearing masks and gloves.
On arrival to LAX most passengers put a mask on before disembarking, at the carousels there was only one other flight.
Border protection asked why I needed to be in the USA during these times.
My driver commented that it was the first time in 15 years he found a park straight away!

All in all the weirdest flight that I will probably ever take.

Jeff
Seems to mirror the domestic terminal Experience this week at AKL, expect slightly more open at. At domestic it was just Best Ugly Bagels and Maccers open pre-security, everything else was closed. Airside then average Hudson’s and Relay we’re open.

On domestic face masks don’t seem to be getting worn by crew, and gloves were only used during the drink/snack service.
Old May 30, 20, 2:50 am

Be aware if flying to Australia that there is a considerable wait after check-in, in a second line (next set of check in desks) to get advanced clearance from Australian authorities (they have to phone for each passenger). This is a single line for all classes, and it can be slow! Kerb to Security took at least 1.5 hours with premium check in. And be warned no coffee anywhere at the airport.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: