Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Strange Message when booking BP July 2020

Strange Message when booking BP July 2020

Old May 1, 2020, 11:27 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
The booking was made using credits, its now a fully flexibility fare, than can be cancelled at any time as fully refundable. This instead of $ being held in credit. If we get to go, fantastic. If we don’t then refund is due.
Don't forget though that if the original fare (the credit) was non-refundable, only the difference between the new fare and the credit is refundable.
Old May 2, 2020, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
Don't forget though that if the original fare (the credit) was non-refundable, only the difference between the new fare and the credit is refundable.
incorrect.
Old May 2, 2020, 1:45 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
incorrect.
I am correct. The rule is in place otherwise everybody with a non-refundable fare would just upgrade it to a flexi.

Cancellations

Smart Saver fares are non-refundable, whereas Flexi fares are fully refundable. If you buy a Smart Saver fare and later upgrade it to a Flexi fare, only the upgrade portion will be eligible for a refund.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/tasman-fares
Old May 2, 2020, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
I am correct. The rule is in place otherwise everybody with a non-refundable fare would just upgrade it to a flexi.

Cancellations

Smart Saver fares are non-refundable, whereas Flexi fares are fully refundable. If you buy a Smart Saver fare and later upgrade it to a Flexi fare, only the upgrade portion will be eligible for a refund.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/tasman-fares
You are correct in that instance and example.
Old May 3, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
The booking was made using credits, its now a fully flexibility fare, than can be cancelled at any time as fully refundable. This instead of $ being held in credit. If we get to go, fantastic. If we don’t then refund is due.
Even if you're allowed to go by then, I'm surprised you'd want to go while this pandemic is still raging on.
Old May 3, 2020, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Wink

Originally Posted by sonyxperiageek
Even if you're allowed to go by then, I'm surprised you'd want to go while this pandemic is still raging on.
Raging Pandemic . . . not exactly.
Old May 3, 2020, 6:17 pm

If you paid with credits won't the refund be back to credits?

Have had split travel card and credit card refunds in past and each part was refunded to its source.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.