FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Level 3 covid-19 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/2015873-level-3-covid-19-a.html)

Beano Apr 15, 2020 11:36 pm

Level 3 covid-19

Listen to the Level 3 covid-19 description it appears we can from the 23rd April travel domestically if for work (not pleasure).. subject to Mondays actual announcement
Airnz have prematurely cancelled all domestic flights from the 23rd to the 26th (and any flights attached to these flights) Has anyone had these flights reinstated automatically or requested it ?
​​​​you can manually book tickets from the 23rd to the 26th April

kiwifrequentflyer Apr 15, 2020 11:40 pm

No, the guideance from what I saw is unless it is essential work travel, you are only allowed to travel to return back to your home if you found yourself in the "wrong" house/bubble. General travel, including travel for non essential businesses is strictly not allowed.

jeffrocowboy Apr 16, 2020 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 32297590)
Listen to the Level 3 covid-19 description it appears we can from the 23rd April travel domestically if for work (not pleasure).. subject to Mondays actual announcement
Airnz have prematurely cancelled all domestic flights from the 23rd to the 26th (and any flights attached to these flights) Has anyone had these flights reinstated automatically or requested it ?
​​​​you can manually book tickets from the 23rd to the 26th April

while I suspect move to Level 3 is what they are hoping for - I am sure a decision to go to Level 3 next week is not locked in yet

cavemanzk Apr 16, 2020 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy (Post 32299879)
while I suspect move to Level 3 is what they are hoping for - I am sure a decision to go to Level 3 next week is not locked in yet

In would expect when we goto level 3, it will be for another 4 weeks (if cases increase its back to level 4 we go).

The after 4 weeks at level 3, if we only have less than 5 cases an week we get start the next party which is level 2. Which the would be in place for another 4 weeks.

By the time we hit June we should be back down to level 1, but with no International Travel. But NAC will be reborn, bring on that Retro a321NEO in the Orange NZ 70s paint scheme.

Markhm Apr 16, 2020 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer (Post 32297596)
No, the guideance from what I saw is unless it is essential work travel, you are only allowed to travel to return back to your home if you found yourself in the "wrong" house/bubble. General travel, including travel for non essential businesses is strictly not allowed.

my mother in law is in the wrong bubble...looking forward to popping it soon😀

Beano Apr 17, 2020 12:06 am

Essential travel

Originally Posted by Markhm (Post 32300250)
my mother in law is in the wrong bubble...looking forward to popping it soon😀

Moving mother-in-law home must be considered "essential" :-)

jeffrocowboy Apr 17, 2020 12:17 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk (Post 32300079)
In would expect when we goto level 3, it will be for another 4 weeks (if cases increase its back to level 4 we go).

The after 4 weeks at level 3, if we only have less than 5 cases an week we get start the next party which is level 2. Which the would be in place for another 4 weeks.

By the time we hit June we should be back down to level 1, but with no International Travel. But NAC will be reborn, bring on that Retro a321NEO in the Orange NZ 70s paint scheme.

I don't think its the number of cases which is the driver; it's the nature/type of cases. If there are a number of cases among those returning and in quarantine then that is not a big a deal as cases in the community.