No more SIN transit/ entry for a while

Old Mar 22, 20, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S, QF, Koru bro
No more SIN transit/ entry for a while

Another option goneburger for kiwis and others to get home. Things getting a little harder

SINGAPORE - All short-term visitors will no longer be allowed to enter or transit through Singapore from 11.59pm on Monday (March 23) in view of the heightened risks of importing coronavirus cases into the country.

source: straights times.
and Cam Wallace on Twitter
Old Mar 22, 20, 2:36 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Transits from london

Originally Posted by Gasfoodlodging View Post
Another option goneburger for kiwis and others to get home. Things getting a little harder

SINGAPORE - All short-term visitors will no longer be allowed to enter or transit through Singapore from 11.59pm on Monday (March 23) in view of the heightened risks of importing coronavirus cases into the country.

source: straights times.
and Cam Wallace on Twitter
Does that only leave hkg to transit when flying akl to lhr now ?
(using airnz as that is where my Credit will be)
Old Mar 22, 20, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Not up to speed with Canada’s border status, but what about Vancouver?
Old Mar 22, 20, 3:55 am

This makes getting home a little more challenging

No Emirates until 30 June too.

Currently locked in Saudi after they closed the borders last week, keeping an eye out for opportunities to exit but they're getting fewer.
Old Mar 22, 20, 4:31 am

Not up to speed with Canada’s border status, but what about Vancouver?
So akl to Vancouver to Lhr ?
I will see if airnz will change my flight from akl lax lhr lax akl to the above
Old Mar 22, 20, 7:55 am

No transit through Taipei either.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-taiwan-idUSKBN21908W

Last edited by Mama; Mar 22, 20 at 8:17 am
Old Mar 23, 20, 5:24 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
China seems to be coming out the other side. They’re increasing flights so fingers crossed they can act as a transit hub for those returning.

Qantas using Darwin instead of Singapore to London too.

Need to get people home to respective countries but obviously shouldn’t be doing these flights with any frequency.
Old Mar 23, 20, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Beano View Post
So akl to Vancouver to Lhr ?
I will see if airnz will change my flight from akl lax lhr lax akl to the above
Canada does not allow sterile transit and they have closed their border to non-citizens and non-residents.

I think the sole remaining transit links to Europe at the moment is on QR through Doha and MH through Kuala Lumpur?
Old Mar 23, 20, 6:20 pm

Programs: NZ*E
and not via HKG
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ngers-touristsHong Kong will ban all visitors to the city, and passengers in transit through Hong Kong International Airport, following the lead of Singapore in a desperate pitch to stamp out a resurgence of the coronavirus.

The restrictions come into force from 12.01am Wednesday March 25 (local time) and will be in effect for 14 days.
Old Mar 24, 20, 12:36 am

How to get to London on a Airnz credit

Originally Posted by Top of climb View Post
Canada does not allow sterile transit and they have closed their border to non-citizens and non-residents.

I think the sole remaining transit links to Europe at the moment is on QR through Doha and MH through Kuala Lumpur?
Would you be able to book a flight on another airline through Airnz and apply the credit from NZ2 and NZ1 ?
Old Mar 24, 20, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Beano View Post
Would you be able to book a flight on another airline through Airnz and apply the credit from NZ2 and NZ1 ?
Air NZ might let you do this if it is a flight pair normally sold by it through the website, eg NZ to PVG and then VS to LHR (flights which are obviously not available now, but just by way of example). And even then that is subject to the terms of the credit, which I don't know whether is limited solely to NZ marketed or operated flights. In any event that is redundant because QR and MH are not sold through the NZ website.

If you need to get to LHR that urgently book now and worry about the credit later. The window for travel has shrunk dramatically since even a couple of days ago and I suspect will be completely closed in very short order.
Beano likes this.
Old Mar 24, 20, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

NZ bound pax (from LHR) in YVR at present.
Old Mar 24, 20, 10:42 pm

NZ bound pax (from LHR) in YVR at present.
Did you have to clear CBSA? I saw on the Canadian government website that they list 'transiting passengers' as exempt from the requirement, but it would be good to get some clarity around whether that means they are permitting sterile transit, or allowing transit passengers to enter Canada (by clearing CBSA) but for the sole purpose of transit.
Old Mar 25, 20, 9:07 am

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Did you have to clear CBSA? I saw on the Canadian government website that they list 'transiting passengers' as exempt from the requirement, but it would be good to get some clarity around whether that means they are permitting sterile transit, or allowing transit passengers to enter Canada (by clearing CBSA) but for the sole purpose of transit.
Canada has I-I sterile transit (at YYZ and YVR anyway)
Old Mar 25, 20, 11:47 am

Programs: ba, NZ*GE, MH platinum
My family are stuck in the uk trying to get back to NZ. Air Canada wouldn't sell them a ticket via Vancouver.They were offered a flight via Tokyo but as that involved a change of airport they couldn't do that. The only option they had was via Qatar with a long time in the airport, but that is risky because they could stop flights whilst they are in the airport as happened with emirates.Air NZ won't give a refund even though their tickets are NZ tickets and the flight is from LHR. They even said that only credit was available which is in breach of EU laws. As far as I know MH aren't flying to NZ but will fly via SYD and then air nz. They will only allow that if there is no change in terminal required in KUL. All very risky and super expensive.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: