FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Cancelling Flexidate Flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/2013661-cancelling-flexidate-flights.html)

WLGNZ Mar 19, 2020 3:21 pm

Cancelling Flexidate Flights

Hi all,

I have some Felxidate flights that need to cancelled. In the past this was easily done online. From what I can see this option has been removed now from all my future bookings.
This seems really odd that I now have to phone AirNZ and take up their valuable staff time for a simple function that should be able to be completed online like in the past.
Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks

Markhm Mar 19, 2020 4:11 pm

H

they sent me a note with PNR last night that allowed me to credit my flight....or...

last week I contacted elite email and Sue refunded my flexi date flights.

prp343 Mar 19, 2020 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by WLGNZ (Post 32208239)
Hi all,

I have some Felxidate flights that need to cancelled. In the past this was easily done online. From what I can see this option has been removed now from all my future bookings.
This seems really odd that I now have to phone AirNZ and take up their valuable staff time for a simple function that should be able to be completed online like in the past.
Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks

Rough. I cancelled using the app yesterday.

Hector99 Mar 19, 2020 4:36 pm

Im having the same issue.

I can't check in online either with the app or online

Thai-Kiwi Mar 20, 2020 12:22 am

Cancelled 3 FlexiDate flights WLG-AKL vv for October on Wed night. Used the App to cancel.

Refunds were deposited within 24 hours.

Flights were flex positioning for international flights that have now changed date/schedule.

WLGNZ Mar 20, 2020 3:41 pm

It is unfortunate that Air NZ has removed the ability to cancel domestic Flexi-date flights from online. Yesterday I had to phone in to cancel which worked fine. Took 15 minute to get through, and refund is on the way.
But it was a complete waste of valuable call centre staff time for a simple thing that used to be able to be handled on line.
Be safe everyone.
WLGNZ

Beano Mar 20, 2020 6:58 pm

Flexidate flexitime

Originally Posted by WLGNZ (Post 32212224)
It is unfortunate that Air NZ has removed the ability to cancel domestic Flexi-date flights from online. Yesterday I had to phone in to cancel which worked fine. Took 15 minute to get through, and refund is on the way.
But it was a complete waste of valuable call centre staff time for a simple thing that used to be able to be handled on line.
Be safe everyone.
WLGNZ

can you still change the time online for flexidate and flexitime ?

kathkiwi Mar 21, 2020 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 32212841)
can you still change the time online for flexidate and flexitime ?

Just moved tomorrow's flight to today on app. All good.

kiwicyclo Mar 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Just about to cancel a flexidate flight for Wednesday 25th March. Purchased when it was a full refund policy. Now only gives option for a credit. Go Air NZ!

WLGNZ Mar 23, 2020 8:01 pm

Yep. That is what I found. Had to waste their time and phone to get the refund. Which was handled no problem.

WLGNZ May 7, 2020 8:09 pm

AirNZ auto cancelled a June flight on domestic today. They emailed to say they will put the fare into credit.
Rang the call centre and requested a refund for the flexi-date fare, which was initially denied. I had to point out the flexi-date fare conditions, at which point they processed the refund.

We can only hope that AirNZ bring back the online option for dealing with flexi-date fares soon. What waste of resource having to phone every time to do simple things with flexi-date fares.

akl_cat May 7, 2020 11:01 pm

I’m guessing they are doing this to deter people from draining their cash flow further by adding frictions.

kiwicyclo May 7, 2020 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by WLGNZ (Post 32357581)
AirNZ auto cancelled a June flight on domestic today. They emailed to say they will put the fare into credit.
Rang the call centre and requested a refund for the flexi-date fare, which was initially denied. I had to point out the flexi-date fare conditions, at which point they processed the refund.

We can only hope that AirNZ bring back the online option for dealing with flexi-date fares soon. What waste of resource having to phone every time to do simple things with flexi-date fares.

Didn't think of having the flexidate fare held in credit and taking up the $30 APD added to your APD offering for a return flight?

WLGNZ May 7, 2020 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo (Post 32357888)
Didn't think of having the flexidate fare held in credit and taking up the $30 APD added to your APD offering for a return flight?

Didn't cross my mind.
Thanks for the reminder. Will look at this for the next two flexi-date fares will be cancelling next week once the schedule churn settles.

WLGNZ Jun 18, 2020 3:07 pm

I note that the ability to cancel flexidate fares online is now back in place.
Thank you AirNZ for bringing this back as it saves time for everybody on calling in to do this.