Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Extensions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: Air NZ *GE
Quick question ... My requal date for Gold is May 30. At this stage I'm 26 SP short. If I hustle and generate those points (probably credit card spend), would my status be extended to May 2022, or would I simply be extended to May 2021 (for which I am extremely grateful, in any case).

Thanks all - the answer didn't jump out at me in this discussion or the T's & C's.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by musselpoint
Quick question ... My requal date for Gold is May 30. At this stage I'm 26 SP short. If I hustle and generate those points (probably credit card spend), would my status be extended to May 2022, or would I simply be extended to May 2021 (for which I am extremely grateful, in any case).

Thanks all - the answer didn't jump out at me in this discussion or the T's & C's.
For Gold haven't the extensions already gone through? Not sure if they are going back reevaluating then on old requalification date.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by nzkarit
For Gold haven't the extensions already gone through? Not sure if they are going back reevaluating then on old requalification date.
I don't understand this reply as your date is May 2020. My reading of it is that if you get enough Airpoints to requalify for 2020-21 the "banked" year will roll over until you have a year when you don't otherwise qualify.
Actually I see you are Gold not Elite, so I'm not so sure! Perhaps spend up to requalify and then when the heat comes off, argue your case with Airnz if they don't extend.

Last edited by zoovet; Apr 20, 2020 at 1:38 pm
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: Air NZ *GE
Originally Posted by zoovet
I don't understand this reply as your date is May 2020. My reading of it is that if you get enough Airpoints to requalify for 2020-21 the "banked" year will roll over until you have a year when you don't otherwise qualify.
Actually I see you are Gold not Elite, so I'm not so sure! Perhaps spend up to requalify and then when the heat comes off, argue your case with Airnz if they don't extend.
Thanks zoovet - good thoughts and yes, it's definitely not a GE "banked" year situation. And I don't intend to make a big deal of it with the call centre folks - in the big scheme I am grateful for any extension. Cheers
Old Jul 31, 2020, 12:30 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
My status has just been extended for another year after failing to retain it. I still received the new card in the mail despite them saying they wouldn't send a new card earlier in the year.

The status extension is nice but given current circumstances I just don't know how I can retain my status again. I am currently stuck in Australia with no way to earn status in any way. Do you see another extension if borders of both countries remain closed for another 6-12 months which is a real possibility now?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 1:17 am

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
My status has just been extended for another year after failing to retain it. I still received the new card in the mail despite them saying they wouldn't send a new card earlier in the year.

The status extension is nice but given current circumstances I just don't know how I can retain my status again. I am currently stuck in Australia with no way to earn status in any way. Do you see another extension if borders of both countries remain closed for another 6-12 months which is a real possibility now?
I doubt they will give any more status extensions, in fact I wonder if they won't use it to decrease the numbers with status, particularly Elite. On the other hand they have to try and maintain customer loyalty.
I am lucky that I was already 4 months into my year before lock-down, so was most of the way to requalification. I'm hoping to scrape through with a few points to spare and not have to use a Banked Year.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
All Elite's simply have a "soft landing" to Gold, rather than losing status entirely. They might not do another status extension since their high value customers will usually have at least one banked year, and the others will just fall to Gold. It would be nice if they did though.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 8:49 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 0100
All Elite's simply have a "soft landing" to Gold, rather than losing status entirely. They might not do another status extension since their high value customers will usually have at least one banked year, and the others will just fall to Gold. It would be nice if they did though.
Yes all elites had one year gifted which sorted ended up as a banked year.
It will be good when you get to the 15 years as elite or gold and you can gift your accumulated status from the banked years
Old Aug 20, 2020, 10:47 pm

Programs: NZ*GE
[QUOTE=Beano;
It will be good when you get to the 15 years as elite or gold and you can gift your accumulated status from the banked years[/QUOTE]

Have they brought this in as I thought it hadn’t been rolled out yet?
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by flykiwifly
Have they brought this in as I thought it hadn’t been rolled out yet?
I believe it is on hold .
It will be good when it rolls out
Old Aug 21, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'd be surprised if anyone can qualify for GE this year. I have made over 20 domestic flights since May and have gotten to 260 status points thus far (my anniversary is May). I normally get to banked year earning rate - but earning this year has been pedestrian. And I have earned more airpoints from New World than flying.

Wonder if this could form the basis of a reset for the scheme. I can see the Covid crisis changing many companies' travel behaviour in the short and medium term.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
I'd be surprised if anyone can qualify for GE this year. I have made over 20 domestic flights since May and have gotten to 260 status points thus far (my anniversary is May). I normally get to banked year earning rate - but earning this year has been pedestrian. And I have earned more airpoints from New World than flying.

Wonder if this could form the basis of a reset for the scheme. I can see the Covid crisis changing many companies' travel behaviour in the short and medium term.
I have maxed out my SP earn on Westpac CreditCard for this requal year for GE, anniversary was 9th July so 6 weeks in. Was obtaining 23-40 SP per week since was back at L1. Have cancelled or had cancelled 3 weeks flights. Should requal for GE by July 2021 👍
Old Aug 22, 2020, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by CHCflyer

with no overseas flights and losing maybe 10 weeks in the year to level 3 and 4 it's pretty hard to achieve or requalify
Old Aug 22, 2020, 4:09 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I will have to use one of my banked years next year because my status ends in early March 2021 and I don't expect to be traveling overseas until Q4 2021, with Q3 a stretch. Its hilarious looking back at my earlier comments and how naive I was.

There will probably be a big flood of Elites once international travel is viable again, with all of the credit!
Eltham likes this.

Last edited by kiwifrequentflyer; Aug 22, 2020 at 4:22 am
Old Aug 22, 2020, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I will have to use one of my banked years next year because my status ends in early March 2021 and I don't expect to be traveling overseas until Q4 2021, with Q3 a stretch. Its hilarious looking back at my earlier comments and how naive I was.
thats 7 months time !
In the good old days one or two flights was enough to reach requalification.
Now we need to do dozens of domestic flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.