Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Extensions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:47 pm
Ged

My wife works in medical space/ DHB /MOH. Information they have had is ' catch it in course of your job / local vicinity - paid time off' - ' catch it on a holiday or travel that was not required for business - you cover the time if required to be isolated. All still verbal and seems to be developing arms and legs as this thing progresses.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by rich5011
Kia ora Richard

Thank you for your query in regard to your Elite status.

Our Loyalty Team will consider tier status on a case by case basis. They will look at travel booked and the amounts required to retain. You will need to advise us your plans closer to the retain date.

When you do this, can you please supply more details from your Airpoints account for security purposes. Please advise the following:
  • Full name
  • Airpoints number
  • Date of birth
  • Postal address
  • Phone number(s)
Richard, we look forward to being of assistance at that time.

Kind regards

Sue

Service and Support - Elite
Air New Zealand
Its interesting they are only continuing to look at each case and see how close you are to retaining at the roll over date. The bigger issue I see is recognising that for the forsesable future travel will be little/if any so when it does come time for roll over, SP balances will not be 'close' as a result of the restricted travel. But their response will be 'sorry you have not done enough travel and your SP is not close to earning or retaining a tier so we cannot help at this time'.

So FFP members that are close for the next few months may get a leg up, others that have just started a new year and likley won't travel for months and their roll over is not until later this year or early next, will not be granted any special treatment for the lost time SP earn potential and therefore miss requal
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
At the end of the day QF are doing something about status and NZ probably aren’t. So if I lose Elite but Qantas extend Platinum then I know who I’ll be flying when the work travel ban is over...and it’ll be wherever I still have top status
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:51 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
At the end of the day QF are doing something about status and NZ probably aren’t. So if I lose Elite but Qantas extend Platinum then I know who I’ll be flying when the work travel ban is over...and it’ll be wherever I still have top status
Pretty hard to travel exclusively with Qantas when the bulk of your travel is domestic around NZ .
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:42 am

Programs: NZ EP
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Yep would be nice.

But also think first AirNZ should ensure they are still an airline in a year's time, with a route network worth having status on.

The ME3 know they will weather this as the govt will prop them up.
sure, AIRNZ is in deep ...., but the gummint will also support it through the worst of it given ownership and importance of tourism industry/ inter region commuting/ business.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:42 pm

If they wanted to, just lowering the 810 NZ metal threshold, could be enough to get many through.

NZ residents could be encouraged to use the AirNZ AP credit cards to bridge the required SP earn that could still net Air NZ some income. Probably more profitable than flying half empty planes.

Those overseas not yet in lock down could earn via *A, which is what alliances are supposed to be.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
IMHO, looking at tight requal status cases on a case-by-case basis is probably appropriate given the circumstances, as opposed to large blanket extensions.

If you are a newish Gold/Elite, and have an iffy chance of requal, that's just that basically - there are soft landings, which not airlines offer. If you have 10 banked years as Elite, your position in terms of dedicated business and spend is pretty clear cut, and you will be much more buffered medium-long term than a 'slighter' status situation, which is entirely as it should be.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by JayKiwi
IMHO, looking at tight requal status cases on a case-by-case basis is probably appropriate given the circumstances, as opposed to large blanket extensions.

If you are a newish Gold/Elite, and have an iffy chance of requal, that's just that basically - there are soft landings, which not airlines offer. If you have 10 banked years as Elite, your position in terms of dedicated business and spend is pretty clear cut, and you will be much more buffered medium-long term than a 'slighter' status situation, which is entirely as it should be.
Completely disagree - I was around halfway in first 2 months of this period, now DHB rules prevent me travelling. I already have travel booked later in year that would requalify and probably would have exceeded the 2500+ SP I earned last year if all going well. However if can’t travel internationally would only be perhaps 70% toward requal and so unlikely to be considered close when clearly would have requalified - would need to use banked year next year which would be poor outcome compared to what other programs have offered.

Fairest solution would be 9-12 month extension of current status/ requalification period for all. The extended period should not allow increased status - only to maintain status quo. When NZ introduced the pregnancy holiday scheme they effectively set a precedent and could do similar for those unable to travel because of Coronavirus!
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:21 pm

Programs: NZ *G, AS 75K
Originally Posted by drajknox
Completely disagree - I was around halfway in first 2 months of this period, now DHB rules prevent me travelling. I already have travel booked later in year that would requalify and probably would have exceeded the 2500+ SP I earned last year if all going well. However if can’t travel internationally would only be perhaps 70% toward requal and so unlikely to be considered close when clearly would have requalified - would need to use banked year next year which would be poor outcome compared to what other programs have offered.

Fairest solution would be 9-12 month extension of current status/ requalification period for all. The extended period should not allow increased status - only to maintain status quo. When NZ introduced the pregnancy holiday scheme they effectively set a precedent and could do similar for those unable to travel because of Coronavirus!
I don't think you have much to worry about when you're earning 2500+ SP a year, I thought hitting Gold after copious spending and barely compliant upgrades on work tickets was an achievement!

To be honest I think Air NZ will stay quiet on the topic and let people's status drop away, they know we'll come back no matter how much they torture us.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by nzjay
To be honest I think Air NZ will stay quiet on the topic and let people's status drop away, they know we'll come back no matter how much they torture us.
Yep. No-one's tier status matters more to anyone than the individual flyer concerned.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
My anniversary is June so hopefully the dice fall in my favour as I am accumulating carry over points. Novotel and IHG both contacted me today about my status with them. Fingers crossed it all ends well
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:59 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Expect an announcement from Air NZ tomorrow.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:29 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by Markhm
My anniversary is June so hopefully the dice fall in my favour as I am accumulating carry over points. Novotel and IHG both contacted me today about my status with them. Fingers crossed it all ends well
Mine is July 9th. I'll be sweet. Banked year will be on flight AKL - IAH - ATL on 23rd May. Maybe even prior to that if my domestic travel picks up.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:32 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Expect an announcement from Air NZ tomorrow.
waiting with anticipation
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:29 am

From Cam Wallace for those not on Twitter -

“As part of our response to the current travel restrictions our loyalty team are looking at options to ensure that high frequency customers retain status with @flyairNZ”
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.