Foran to do front line work

Old Mar 2, 20, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Foran to do front line work

Looks like Foran will be doing front line work to better understand the business.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/119965705/new-air-new-zealand-ceo-to-clean-planes

Good to see, is a good way to understand the business and the pain points for staff and meets the customers. He did it at Walmart & Fyfe had success with it.

I always had the feeling that Luxon was in HQ surrounded by yes people, by some the direction taken and taking the analytical approach to running the business. Staff and customers are people not numbers on a spreadsheet.

Let's see how he goes.
NZbutterfly and Ellice like this.
Old Mar 2, 20, 4:33 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
John Borghetti once said CEOs' doing front line work is just for show and he failed miserably.
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old Mar 2, 20, 5:18 pm

Looking forward to Greg serving me my 20th beef cheek so I can give him my opinion on declining F&B.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Mar 2, 20, 5:37 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by poopbunny View Post
Looking forward to Greg serving me my 20th beef cheek so I can give him my opinion on declining F&B.
And the bloody frittata!
Old Mar 2, 20, 5:56 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by poopbunny View Post
Paired with an award winning Thornbury too
Old Mar 2, 20, 7:07 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AP Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Would be great for him to work flights as well

Outside BP/PE bathroom on YVR-AKL Feb 28th. Paper towel residue tracked outside the bathroom.
Bring back the towels
Old Mar 2, 20, 8:25 pm

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints Elite
Would have been far more impressive if there was no PR blitz about it, and quietly announced well after the fact. Many of us have got in the front line from Senior positions without the virtue signalling going on. After seeing 1/4 (?) of NZ 789 fleet parked up in Akl with missing engines Iíd rather he was up smacking RR in person to get a bit further up the repair queue.
ps107 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 20, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freemark View Post
Would have been far more impressive if there was no PR blitz about it, and quietly announced well after the fact. Many of us have got in the front line from Senior positions without the virtue signalling going on. After seeing 1/4 (?) of NZ 789 fleet parked up in Akl with missing engines Iíd rather he was up smacking RR in person to get a bit further up the repair queue.
Only NZE is parked up at the moment and heard rumours it may have engines now? Think some others just doing scheduled maintenance cycles.

Also how are you going to get further up the queue? RR has released the plan and they aren't going to messed with all their other customers this far into the process. And its not just RR it is RR's supply chain as was never scoped to surge and was tied to Boeings production cadence and maintenance schedules. And AirNZ have burnt the bridge going to GE for the 787-10.

Last edited by nzkarit; Mar 2, 20 at 8:50 pm
Old Mar 2, 20, 8:49 pm

Programs: Koru/*S, GHA Gold
From the linked article:
A behind the scenes look at cleaning an Air New Zealand plane reveals the job is a tough one. With an average turnaround time for an international long haul plane of just 90 minutes, a team of up to 16 races the clock to vacuum, wipe surfaces, clear rubbish, collect headsets and position safety cards. With the coronavirus outbreak, Air New Zealand has assured customers that the cleaning agents they use are effective against the virus.
When was the last time a domestic flight was cleaned? It used to be between every flights that a team of cleaners would jump on but I've not seen that happen for a few years. I wonder if this can (should?) return to help mitigate seat surfaces being a vector for the coronavirus?
Old Mar 2, 20, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Trumpkin View Post
From the linked article:

When was the last time a domestic flight was cleaned? It used to be between every flights that a team of cleaners would jump on but I've not seen that happen for a few years. I wonder if this can (should?) return to help mitigate seat surfaces being a vector for the coronavirus?
Overnight?

40min turn around doesn't allow a clean. Would need longer turn around and each plane would drop two or three flights a day so would more aircraft, flight crew, cabin crew, gate space to cover the lower utilisation. During peaks don't think Wellington could handle planes having a longer dwell time.
Old Mar 2, 20, 9:05 pm

Location: Wellington/Dunedin/Auckland/Africa/Pacific Islands/Geneva
Programs: NZ*E
From the linked article:

the turnaround clean of days gone was to simply pick up any visible rubbish, Cross the seatbelts, and a quick hand spot vac if crumbs on floor etc.
Old Mar 2, 20, 9:10 pm

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by nzkarit View Post
Only NZE is parked up at the moment and heard rumours it may have engines now? Think some others just doing scheduled maintenance cycles.

Also how are you going to get further up the queue? RR has released the plan and they aren't going to messed with all their other customers this far into the process. And its not just RR it is RR's supply chain as was never scoped to surge and was tied to Boeings production cadence and maintenance schedules. And AirNZ have burnt the bridge going to GE for the 787-10.
3 weeks ago there were 4 of them parked up outside the shed. Great news if only one now. I think you missed the point however.
Old Mar 2, 20, 9:45 pm

From the linked article:

It would be great if they supplied those individually wrapped disinfecting wipes at the aircraft door or gate so that we can wipe our own immediate areas (armrest, tray tables etc.)
Old Mar 3, 20, 12:43 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Elite, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
From the linked article:

I watched the cleaners go on to an ATR in Dunedin. One of them rinsed a cloth in a bucket of water? and boarded the plane ... They did not come out to re-rinse the cloth - so I am picking one wet cloth did a whole lot of 'cleaning'
Old Mar 3, 20, 6:41 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by taupo View Post

Outside BP/PE bathroom on YVR-AKL Feb 28th. Paper towel residue tracked outside the bathroom.
Bring back the towels
I totally blame passengers for this. Some are pigs, some are poorly trained and have an expectation itís someone elseís job to clean up after them 🙄 I donít even understand how this stuff makes it outside the bathroom.

From the linked article:

If people are that concerned they could follow the Naomi Campbell cleaning routine when flying (see you tube). Deeper clean seems like a lot of work for close to zero reward.

From the cdc website: youíre only medium risk at best if youíre seated right next to a confirmed case and no identifiable risk just a few rows away. Risk level from touching the same surface is surely tiny.

CDC website risk levels on plane

Search this Thread
Search Engine: