Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirNZ Credit Card Fee Changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:21 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by warakorn
Maybe NZ should start looking for another Payment Service Provider..
I can assure you that Air NZ would pay one of the lowest rates in NZ.. But none of this changes the fact interchange rates are what they are, and that they're a lot higher in NZ than in other countries such as Australia where the government has stepped in to stop the rort.

If course when the rort is stopped everybody on here will then be complaining they get poor SP and APD earn on their credit card. 🤣
ps107 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Maybe NZ should start looking for another Payment Service Provider.
If you drop Visa and Mastercard, think their revenue might really dry up.

Hmm, excuse me!
Visa and Mastercard are not Payment Service Providers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...vice_providers
Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by ClanJ
Gee so if i get my head around this the credit card fee is a flat fee that evens the low interchange for low fee cards to high interchange for high end cards. If that is the case then it is immoral, why should those who can least afford it subsidise those that can afford it. If this is the case then it is simply another FF benefit.
Have a look at some Business class fares which are sometimes around 6x the economy fare - do you think the space/weight carried/fuel use/food etc are 6x for a Business Class passenger or perhaps Business Class passengers subsidise economy anyway?
ps107, poopbunny and Beano like this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by drajknox
Have a look at some Business class fares which are sometimes around 6x the economy fare - do you think the space/weight carried/fuel use/food etc are 6x for a Business Class passenger or perhaps Business Class passengers subsidise economy anyway?
Lots of people simply don't understand airline models. You only have to look at those who complain about airfare costs and because there are $39 domestic fares think every fare should be $39 because they don't understand that a $39 entry level seat on a domestic flight is being sold at a loss, and that there needs to be higher priced fares to even things out.

Airlines don't really operate on a "normal" cost+margin business model that a typical business has. It's fundamentally a model about trying to extort the maximum possible amount of money from passengers in the hope the whole business will even out at the end of the day and make a profit.
ps107 and Beano like this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by drajknox

BA JFK - LHR
45% premium seats = 80% seat revenue

Beano likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.