Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

New Elite Airpoints Dollars upgrade rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Elite Airpoints Dollars upgrade rates

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
I was just listening to the AFF podcast and it was mentioned that the regulator over there has just looked into the practices for the Qantas FF program. And come up with suggestions for QF. Someone from the Commerce Commission in NZ should do a review of the Air NZ airpoints program. It is very opaque to say the least, especially with the earn ratios and partner award availability.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
NZ's long haul Premium Economy fares rivals many of the competitors' Business fares and now they are asking their most loyal customers to pay more for upgrading to one of the most uncompetitive Business hard products in the world at a time they are facing unprecedented competition on long haul routes. They could have at least waited until they introduce the new Business seats.
Ok... i'll bite. Apart from PR...(via MNL so a much longer trip of course) what airlines will sell you a J ticket SYD-LAX for around the same $$$ as NZ's PE fares? Who are these "many" airlines?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: NZ*G
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Or if it is to help Gold and Silver to use their RUs?
Will be interesting to see whether this eventuates (although ironically I'll be Elite in March) - I hear lots of stories of elites clearing upgrades every flight, my hit rate on gold has been <25% so far.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:49 am

How in the world did they not actually send us an email about this? This was literally the only perk left for spending the tens of thousands of dollars every year to stay an elite member. I can't believe I just found out about this by looking at this forum. For those of you who are elites and live in NZ do you know any other airlines who will currently do match status? Unfortunately being originally from the East of America I will still probably be flying Air NZ from time to time, but I will not be trying to retain Elite now after I have used all of my banked years.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Jenky
How in the world did they not actually send us an email about this? .
They did. Airpoints update last week mentions it.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:58 am

Well I've just looked back through even my spam mail and I never received the email. I did receive an email about Elton John tickets but no airpoints update
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:22 am

Worth noting in Gmail had to click the view entire message link to see the entire email. The email I got was on 13/12 and the subject was: <name>, your December Airpoints update
Additionally think you can opt out of these updates so that may be why you didn't get it.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Air NZ need to have a communication option where you can elect to be notified of important changes to the program like this but not spammed for every air new zealand offer. I had elected out of all communications because my inbox kept filling up with sale information.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Worth noting in Gmail had to click the view entire message link to see the entire email. The email I got was on 13/12 and the subject was: <name>, your December Airpoints update
Additionally think you can opt out of these updates so that may be why you didn't get it.
I think the problem here is that they had 9x annoying "earn an extra APD0.20 with 3x APD at Mitre 10" before putting the changes at the bottom of the email. The cynic in me says that was quite deliberate...they can claim they notified all Elite members while knowing full well how Gmail and Outlook displays the message and knowing most people will look at the first few bits of useless promos before deleting the email and not seeing the actual Airpoints Updates right at the end of the email
Fliar, Ellice, West45 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by NZ_Flyer; Dec 16, 2019 at 4:26 pm
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Yep and the fact that it was sent on Friday afternoon
poopbunny and MrLovebucket like this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: NZ GE, Marriot Platinum
I see APD Elite upgrades is currently the #1 feature in the poll being run by FlyerTalk. Clearly this is an important part of being in the Elite program so burying the changes deep in a very generic email is quite cynical.
Fliar, Ellice, poopbunny and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
I think the problem here is that they had 9x annoying "earn an extra APD0.20 with 3x APD at Mitre 10" before putting the changes at the bottom of the email. The cynic in me says that was quite deliberate...they can claim they notified all Elite members while knowing full well how Gmail and Outlook displays the message and knowing most people will look at the first few bits of useless promos before deleting the email and not seeing the actual Airpoints Updates right at the end of the email
My email was quite specific

"<name> we are changing the prices of Elite Airpoints dollars upgrades" which is the only reason I opened it.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
I never received this. Maybe 16 years Elite is not enough....
Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by JANZFlyer
My email was quite specific

"<name> we are changing the prices of Elite Airpoints dollars upgrades" which is the only reason I opened it.
Mine was buried in Airpoints update.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
I found mine. No wonder I didn't see it as it was below all the airpoints mall crap, airpoints store crap and a small lounge update.

And like others you wouldn't have seen it unless you tapped 'view entire message'. Definitely purposely placed and timed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.