Wiki Posts
Search

787 Auckland to Christchurch

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
787 Auckland to Christchurch

Summer flights repositioning the 787 from Auckland to Christchurch.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...ss-class-seats
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints Elite
Pity that they used a pic of sky couch and labelled it PE.
Incompetence by someone.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:12 pm

Odd they are doing this given the PER-CHC has been dropped. Why are they needing the plane down there?

Or is this like last year with the shortage in ATR pilots shuffled through the network.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Odd they are doing this given the PER-CHC has been dropped. Why are they needing the plane down there?

Or is this like last year with the shortage in ATR pilots shuffled through the network.
Chc - Singapore positioning
Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Ironic they are promoting these as being better option than a320, until you arrive in Auckland and get an remote stand and bus.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Ironic they are promoting these as being better option than a320, until you arrive in Auckland and get an remote stand and bus.
If you don't fly BP, you probably would consider getting the opportunity to try the seat for a bit more than worth the novelty of having to bus, TBH.

I've booked these seats for my parents for a trip they're taking as a surprise: I'm sure they'll love it!
Old Dec 4, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
You'd have to pay me $50 to do it.

The hassle of super early boarding and a bus to the gate means I'd far prefer to fly on an A320.
KeepDiscovering likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
So weird that they charge for this. I happen to be flying this on Monday CHC-AKL and noticed I can book premium economy on seat select (which is of course perfect for domestic) but just find it weird that they dont allow Elites to select the J seats without paying.

Apparently they wont even do it after flight close for free it seats empty. While I get they may want to make some $$ off these seats surely they could allocate these if they are empty?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
So weird that they charge for this. I happen to be flying this on Monday CHC-AKL and noticed I can book premium economy on seat select (which is of course perfect for domestic) but just find it weird that they dont allow Elites to select the J seats without paying.

Apparently they wont even do it after flight close for free it seats empty. While I get they may want to make some $$ off these seats surely they could allocate these if they are empty?
Maybe on Saturday they'll open up the J seats for selection for free (48 hours they usually open up exit rows and preferred seats for free)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.