Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fasten seat belts - ignored

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Fasten seat belts - ignored

On recent flights (international, mainline and regional domestic) the seat belt sign has been illuminated due to turbulence.

On all occasions several passengers have ignored - used toilet, opened overhead lockers etc.

I can recall in the past announcements were made and crew came round to check people belted in. And people moving around were asked to sit back down.

Is it the new normal to ignore these 'instructions'?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: NZ Koru
I always find the seat self signs to be pretty loosely informed on NZ compare to other airlines.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Seem to be rigidly enforced on link flights.
Only time I personally disobey is night transpacific flights when I wake busting to go to the toilet when they are on. Staff seem happy.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by bce1
Seem to be rigidly enforced on link flights.
Only time I personally disobey is night transpacific flights when I wake busting to go to the toilet when they are on. Staff seem happy.
There is definitely a large spectrum of enforcement strength from: 10 mins post-turbulence while travelling in BP long haul (typically zero enforcement), to during turbulence on a turbo prop (strong enforcement), which is probably reasonable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.