Wiki Posts
Search

White Silence

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ EP
White Silence

Thought for a few days about posting this, but this story telling is just too good to not share on this forum.

Have been fascinated for many years about the saga and tragedy from so many angles...politics, law, power imbalance, NZ History, heartbreak and the heroes in charge of the recovery. The Mulgrew/ Hillary angle...incredible.

It’s emotional listening, but so intriguing. The personal inroads into Mahon’s makeup in EP4 was surprising.

40 years.

https://interactives.stuff.co.nz/2019/11/white-silence-podcast/
Markhm and Ellice like this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I've downloaded the first episode and will see where I go.

For those who didn't recognise the name / follow the link, it's a Radio NZ podcast about the Air New Zealand Erebus tragedy in 1979.
nancypants and Markhm like this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by Gasfoodlodging
Thought for a few days about posting this, but this story telling is just too good to not share on this forum.

Have been fascinated for many years about the saga and tragedy from so many angles...politics, law, power imbalance, NZ History, heartbreak and the heroes in charge of the recovery. The Mulgrew/ Hillary angle...incredible.

It’s emotional listening, but so intriguing. The personal inroads into Mahon’s makeup in EP4 was surprising.

40 years.

https://interactives.stuff.co.nz/201...lence-podcast/
Thank you, I don’t tend to read Stuff but this podcast is very good/sad. A sad day for all NZ😩
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: QF WP
They had an excellent doco about it on TVNZ a few years ago, “operation overdue” I think it was called. Not sure if it is still available on demand anywhere

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.