Security check at AKL regional

Old Nov 8, 19, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Elite, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Security check at AKL regional

Two days I flew AKL-ROT. After scanning at the entrance and after going through the entrance there were two aviation security officers performing what looked liked screening selected passengers with a hand held scanner. Is this something that is a one-off or a new procedure.
Old Nov 8, 19, 2:34 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Why didn’t you just ask them?
Old Nov 8, 19, 3:00 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy View Post
Two days I flew AKL-ROT. After scanning at the entrance and after going through the entrance there were two aviation security officers performing what looked liked screening selected passengers with a hand held scanner. Is this something that is a one-off or a new procedure.
I've seen them on and off for quite a while, seems to be a random check.
Old Nov 8, 19, 8:28 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-WP
It is hilarious. They have been doing for for at least 6 weeks. They randomly seem to pick someone off each flight - wanded and then have bag searched. Illusionary security. I suppose there is a chance of finding something interesting, but all seems a bit half arsed to ,me
Old Nov 9, 19, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Elite, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by ace86 View Post
Why didnít you just ask them?
because I had flashed past before I realised what was happening - it had created a 'scrum' and was impeding those trying to board and exit
Old Nov 15, 19, 1:59 am

This has happened in CHC on & off since the Mosque Shootings occurred. I am not sure if it happened prior to this. Seems like a fairly sensible, risk-based approach IMO.

Search this Thread