Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Adding domestic flight to existing international PNR

Adding domestic flight to existing international PNR

Old Nov 4, 19, 4:23 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Programs: NZ*G
Posts: 26
Adding domestic flight to existing international PNR

Wanting to book domestic connection WLG-AKL to an existing itinerary - can I call Air NZ and ask them to add the flight to the existing (Air NZ) booking so baggage can be checked through etc?
Balancerider is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 5:03 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 4,561
You can try, but I'm pretty sure this will involve the whole international ticket needing to be reissued so appropriate service fees and ticket change charges will probably apply.
sbiddle is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 5:12 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Zealand
Programs: Air NZ *E
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
You can try, but I'm pretty sure this will involve the whole international ticket needing to be reissued so appropriate service fees and ticket change charges will probably apply.
Tried this recently, and it was a flat no. Linking people together on the same long haul sector, no problem. Linking dom and Int legs on separate PNRs, no.
JayKiwi is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 5:34 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 4,561
Originally Posted by JayKiwi View Post
Tried this recently, and it was a flat no. Linking people together on the same long haul sector, no problem. Linking dom and Int legs on separate PNRs, no.
Yes they won't link standalone and intl flights (but will interline bags if you're Elite), but the OP hasn't booked the domestic sector though.

They should (well they can, but the big question is whether they will) be able to add a new domestic flight to the existing intl booking, but the question is just how much they'll want for this as it'll very likely result in the whole ticket having to be reissued.
sbiddle is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 5:53 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Zealand
Programs: Air NZ *E
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
Yes they won't link standalone and intl flights (but will interline bags if you're Elite), but the OP hasn't booked the domestic sector though.

They should (well they can, but the big question is whether they will) be able to add a new domestic flight to the existing intl booking, but the question is just how much they'll want for this as it'll very likely result in the whole ticket having to be reissued.
Yep. The irony with the above one, is that the CSR recommended that the dom leg be booked separately in this case due to some other factors around multistopping etc. First time I have seen that recommendation being made, and they subsequently refused to link the bookings.....
JayKiwi is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 7:08 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 4,561
Originally Posted by JayKiwi View Post
Yep. The irony with the above one, is that the CSR recommended that the dom leg be booked separately in this case due to some other factors around multistopping etc. First time I have seen that recommendation being made, and they subsequently refused to link the bookings.....
I'm surprised any CSR would say that! It's totally wrong advice.
sbiddle is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 7:27 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Programs: NZ*G
Posts: 26
Thanks - separate ticket booked, flying home for Xmas on Air NZ already costing me an arm and a leg...
Balancerider is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 8:26 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 4,561
Originally Posted by Balancerider View Post
Thanks - separate ticket booked, flying home for Xmas on Air NZ already costing me an arm and a leg...
Welcome to flying on a plane anywhere at Xmas time..
sbiddle is offline  
Old Nov 4, 19, 11:23 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AKL
Posts: 332
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
Welcome to flying on a plane anywhere at Xmas time..
Unless you fly on the 25th
ps107 is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 1:55 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Zealand
Programs: Air NZ *E
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
I'm surprised any CSR would say that! It's totally wrong advice.
Yup. We were asked if we were planning to fly cabin baggage only, which we are, but still....
JayKiwi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread