Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Adding domestic flight to existing international PNR

Old Nov 4, 19, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G

Wanting to book domestic connection WLG-AKL to an existing itinerary - can I call Air NZ and ask them to add the flight to the existing (Air NZ) booking so baggage can be checked through etc?
Old Nov 4, 19, 5:03 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
You can try, but I'm pretty sure this will involve the whole international ticket needing to be reissued so appropriate service fees and ticket change charges will probably apply.
Old Nov 4, 19, 5:12 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
You can try, but I'm pretty sure this will involve the whole international ticket needing to be reissued so appropriate service fees and ticket change charges will probably apply.
Tried this recently, and it was a flat no. Linking people together on the same long haul sector, no problem. Linking dom and Int legs on separate PNRs, no.
Old Nov 4, 19, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by JayKiwi View Post
Tried this recently, and it was a flat no. Linking people together on the same long haul sector, no problem. Linking dom and Int legs on separate PNRs, no.
Yes they won't link standalone and intl flights (but will interline bags if you're Elite), but the OP hasn't booked the domestic sector though.

They should (well they can, but the big question is whether they will) be able to add a new domestic flight to the existing intl booking, but the question is just how much they'll want for this as it'll very likely result in the whole ticket having to be reissued.
Old Nov 4, 19, 5:53 pm

Yes they won't link standalone and intl flights (but will interline bags if you're Elite), but the OP hasn't booked the domestic sector though.

They should (well they can, but the big question is whether they will) be able to add a new domestic flight to the existing intl booking, but the question is just how much they'll want for this as it'll very likely result in the whole ticket having to be reissued.
Yep. The irony with the above one, is that the CSR recommended that the dom leg be booked separately in this case due to some other factors around multistopping etc. First time I have seen that recommendation being made, and they subsequently refused to link the bookings.....
Old Nov 4, 19, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by JayKiwi View Post
Yep. The irony with the above one, is that the CSR recommended that the dom leg be booked separately in this case due to some other factors around multistopping etc. First time I have seen that recommendation being made, and they subsequently refused to link the bookings.....
I'm surprised any CSR would say that! It's totally wrong advice.
Old Nov 4, 19, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G
Thanks - separate ticket booked, flying home for Xmas on Air NZ already costing me an arm and a leg...
Old Nov 4, 19, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Balancerider View Post
Thanks - separate ticket booked, flying home for Xmas on Air NZ already costing me an arm and a leg...
Welcome to flying on a plane anywhere at Xmas time..
Old Nov 4, 19, 11:23 pm

Welcome to flying on a plane anywhere at Xmas time..
Unless you fly on the 25th
Old Nov 5, 19, 1:55 am

I'm surprised any CSR would say that! It's totally wrong advice.
Yup. We were asked if we were planning to fly cabin baggage only, which we are, but still....

Search this Thread