Printing

Old Oct 29, 19, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Printing

Is your ID card your phone or the airpoints card ?

All of the documents that you submitted were accepted.

Kia ora We have received your email. Your Print Confirmation Number is: xxxxxx. Please choose either the touch-screen display on the printer to enter your Print Confirmation Number or Tap your ID card on the side of the Printer, to print your document. You must do this within 1 Hour. Your print job will be automatically deleted 1 Hour after it was received. Your use of this service is subject to the following terms: Air New Zealand accepts no liability in respect of your use of this printing service. Air New Zealand shall not be responsible for any damage, loss, corruption, or expense incurred by you as a result of your use of this ‘email to print’ service. Please stand by the printer as your document is being printed and collect your document as soon as it has been printed, to prevent unintentional disclosure to others
Old Oct 29, 19, 5:43 pm

Programs: NZ*E, A3*G, Accor Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, GHA Black,
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
Is your ID card your phone or the airpoints card ?

All of the documents that you submitted were accepted.

Kia ora We have received your email. Your Print Confirmation Number is: xxxxxx. Please choose either the touch-screen display on the printer to enter your Print Confirmation Number or Tap your ID card on the side of the Printer, to print your document. You must do this within 1 Hour. Your print job will be automatically deleted 1 Hour after it was received. Your use of this service is subject to the following terms: Air New Zealand accepts no liability in respect of your use of this printing service. Air New Zealand shall not be responsible for any damage, loss, corruption, or expense incurred by you as a result of your use of this ‘email to print’ service. Please stand by the printer as your document is being printed and collect your document as soon as it has been printed, to prevent unintentional disclosure to others
I have always just put in my confirmation number. The swipe is for staff, cannot use your airpoints card.
Old Oct 29, 19, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by JANZFlyer View Post
I have always just put in my confirmation number. The swipe is for staff, cannot use your airpoints card.
I didn't even think the printers in the lounges had a spot for a swipe card.

It would be nice if you could just plug a USB directly into it and print a PDF from it, but maybe you can I've just never tried?
Old Oct 29, 19, 7:42 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Sounds like someone has accidentally copy and pasted there internal message for using the printings at AirNZ HQ into there auto reply...
Old Oct 29, 19, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by henrus View Post
I didn't even think the printers in the lounges had a spot for a swipe card.

It would be nice if you could just plug a USB directly into it and print a PDF from it, but maybe you can I've just never tried?
Increases attack surface. As printer owner you don't want randoms plugging devices in.

Running it via email and or a print server means can filter out malicious documents more easily and safely. It's all about making it harder for a malicious individual to attack.

Search this Thread