Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Lounge access (does it have to be the same terminal?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond

I am flying out of the Auckland international airport but it so happens my mate is flying out of the Auckland regional
Can I take him into the regional for a catchup and coffee before I scoot over to the international lounge ?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by Beano
I am flying out of the Auckland international airport but it so happens my mate is flying out of the Auckland regional
Can I take him into the regional for a catchup and coffee before I scoot over to the international lounge ?
You can indeed! I've done this before. Well, sort of. Gone to the regional lounge then through security into the domestic lounge in Christchurch. Same in Wellington.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
I've done it several times, grabbed a coffee and a couple of small sandwiches for lunch there then headed over to international. But I've never done it with a guest and the regional lounge is very small and limited at present.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Are guests allowed ?

Originally Posted by edmm
I've done it several times, grabbed a coffee and a couple of small sandwiches for lunch there then headed over to international. But I've never done it with a guest and the regional lounge is very small and limited at present.
Are guests allowed then ?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
You can enter. Technically you aren't allowed to guest him. They may let him enter, it depends if the attendant follows the rules (and with the temp lounge they seem to be enforcing these strictly)
Beano likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
That's a good point. I don't know if it's a rule with all regional lounges, but in Christchurch you can't guest people in, but I've heard of people being let in regardless. I guess it is at their discretion.
Beano likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
That's a good point. I don't know if it's a rule with all regional lounges, but in Christchurch you can't guest people in, but I've heard of people being let in regardless. I guess it is at their discretion.
Christchurch is not a regional lounge. It's a Koru Express.

You take take guests into regional lounges but the Koru rules are pretty clear in that all guests in any lounge have to be flying with you from the same terminal to exclude situations like the OP wants.

I've done it before in AKL by asking nicely but with the state of regional at present it's lucky if there is space to even fit in, let alone take a guest.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
I had a colleague flying regional so my plan was to drop her in the lounge then I was going upstairs to go home. Plan worked well and the lady at the door had no problem letting us in. What she failed to tell us was it was absolutely packed. Both ended in main lounge in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.