SQ*G Lounge in SYD

Old Sep 28, 2019, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
SQ*G Lounge in SYD

I used to use this lounge often before the NZ lounge was refurbished. Anyone used it recently or had any issues getting in with *G card?
I fly to SYD routinely and perhaps the change would be good although I imagine the NZ lounge is now superior?

Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: NZ *G
I quite like the SQ lounge. It’s usually quieter, so is worth a visit if the NZ lounge is busy. That said, I like the NZ lounge these days so tend to use it.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
These days they're fine about access ahead of NZ flights; I do it all the time in the evening, mostly because the SQ lounge serves real champagne and good red wine, plus it usually has some decent food options that are generally superior to the NZ lounge offerings.

It does have barista service in the mornings now too, but I've never been there at the right time of day to give that a go.
Kiwi Flyer and poopbunny like this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by mad_atta
These days they're fine about access ahead of NZ flights; I do it all the time in the evening, mostly because the SQ lounge serves real champagne and good red wine, plus it usually has some decent food options that are generally superior to the NZ lounge offerings.

It does have barista service in the mornings now too, but I've never been there at the right time of day to give that a go.
Sweet! I'll try it out before 108 this Thursday, thanks man.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Both lounges now follow *G rules with no fuss. SQ lounge now has barista made coffee so I don't have to go to the NZ lounge like I used to.....
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by mad_atta

What champagne are they offering?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by Rebound
What champagne are they offering?
Nothing special, but it's drinkable: Aubert et Fils.
https://www.vivino.com/la-maison-du-...agne/w/1390265

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.