Search

Hidden Disabilities

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Hidden Disabilities

Hi - there is a thread over on the BA forum that I've been posting on with regards hidden disabilities;

A distressing embarrassment on BA249 LHR-GIG

Heathrow airport is able to provide a sunflower lanyard that provides an outwardly visible sign to everyone that the owner has a hidden disability and might need assistance or a little leeway while on board accessing the bathrooms for example.

Does anyone know if ANZ recognises the sunflower lanyard scheme? It would be amazing if they did!
Old Sep 21, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
This is the first I have heard of it myself so I don't think it's a universal thing. I like the idea though.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
I don't recall seeing lanyards except for minors travelling alone, but don't always pay attention to these things. Best thing to do is probably contact Air NZ on social media and put it on their radar.

I see Australia is aware of it. Actually article was centred around Brisbane airport.

There was another app (forget the name) but was mainly cards saying "I have dementia" and other cards. Lanyards are more obvious visually which would be better than an app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.