FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Reward Space LAX-RARO (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1985040-reward-space-lax-raro.html)

Londonbridge Aug 29, 2019 6:59 am

Reward Space LAX-RARO

Hello. I just wanted to see if anyone has ever managed to book a reward seat on Air New Zealand from LAX to RAR on their once a week flight in Business?

If you have managed to capture this unicorn of a reward flight, how far out did you book?

Thanks in advance

Thai-Kiwi Aug 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Londonbridge (Post 31469544)
Hello. I just wanted to see if anyone has ever managed to book a reward seat on Air New Zealand from LAX to RAR on their once a week flight in Business?

If you have managed to capture this unicorn of a reward flight, how far out did you book?

Thanks in advance

I think you will probably have a better chance to make the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs...

That said, I have not attempted either. Good luck.

jawnbc Sep 1, 2019 11:08 pm

Nope and it's always struck me as silly--especially in economy. Is LAX RAR ever sold out? Every time I've ever flown it I've had 3 seats to myself in Y.

NZbutterfly Sep 4, 2019 2:50 pm

I haven't ever searched that route until now and can't see anything now although I'd have thought it would be a good route to release award seats on. You might be better off searching LAX-AKL then AKL-RAR. There has been availability in the past if you keep an eye out. Alternatively you could book cash from AKL-RAR with NZ/VA/JQ It's ~ 3.5hrs.

Originally Posted by jawnbc (Post 31481199)
Nope and it's always struck me as silly--especially in economy. Is LAX RAR ever sold out? Every time I've ever flown it I've had 3 seats to myself in Y.

Do you book (but not pay) the SkyCouch rows?

jawnbc Sep 5, 2019 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly (Post 31490755)
I
Do you book (but not pay) the SkyCouch rows?

I put in a low ball OneUp. Been 100% successful on AKL RAR AKL (4/4)

NZbutterfly Sep 6, 2019 3:11 am

Originally Posted by jawnbc (Post 31495587)
I put in a low ball OneUp. Been 100% successful on AKL RAR AKL (4/4)

Awesome. What about the long leg to LAX?

SeaProf Sep 9, 2019 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Londonbridge (Post 31469544)

Thanks in advance

I fly this route several times a year and have never had an upgrade refused (Recognition and Elite - I have not tried OneUp).
For reward seats, the earlier you book/lodge a request, the better.

jawnbc Sep 17, 2019 2:06 am

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly (Post 31496231)
Awesome. What about the long leg to LAX?

I haven't flown a leg between RAR and LAX in many, many years :)